Subject: Looking for board set up diagrams rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help. With the new 2.0 PDF rules, I stored my printed RotK rulebooks.

Problem is, I stored them so well, I can't find them again, and now I realise the board setups are NOT included in the 2.0 PDF version.

Can anyone help me with a scan of the relevant pages?

Thanks very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have a scanner to hand, but the game's right next to me so I took photos of all the layout's with my phone. They're not perfect, but you can see all the info clearly enough for the time being...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much! Just what I need!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Hendrix
Netherlands
Geleen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great, while waiting for my copy, I can plan on making this board in 3D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darkeden25 darkeden25
msg tools
Despite my critiscim about the game, I'm still playing it a lot. But one thing that is really annoying is the "free form" of the initial set-up. The guard player takes a lot of time to think about where to put the doors, the guard, the search token the trap, latern. It slows down the game making it difficult to play 2 times in a row desptie the length of the game.
It could be nice to have from CGT a "standard" set-up to speed-up things and help new people to play the game faster. Most of the time this set-up isn't game changing but takes too much times because of the numerous choices to make.
What do you think about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I fully agree. A setup proposal would definitely speed up the game.

Dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which begs the question: is there an optimal board set up?

+++

Maybe we can share board set-ups? Post photos in a separate thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darkeden25 darkeden25
msg tools
There is no optimal bopard set-up but there is definitly wrong set-up and some tricks that can make the game frustrating at times both for ninja and guard.
In the manor you could put a 3 search token in a room with one entry, put a big door, a bell and 2 gards in front. It wil be very annoying to pass through.
Setting the barrack into the dock part will nearly kill hte majority of the mission just by spamming gards to cluster the only acces to the junks.

I think that standard set-up -not optimal- is a nice way to start quicker as the guard does'nt know the mission of the ninja, something generic is OK.
For the manor I like to close every exterior doors, letting the inside open. The barracks are on the 2 rooms on the side of the "garden" where I'm setting a lantern. The token are place randomly all over the place and I'm setting a guard in front of each 3 or 4 search token.
Quick and efficient.

For the artisan district there is an issue with the map for the ninja at least because it's easier to get from one end of the main avenue to the other if you start on the "good" side. There a a building without any door in the back alley so you have to pass through the avenu with gards and lanterns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
darkeden25 wrote:

In the manor you could put a 3 search token in a room with one entry

I was under the impression that you could only place one search token per red-area room, but a quick check of the updated rules doesn't seem to confirm this. Did i pick that up from the old rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darkeden25 darkeden25
msg tools
One search token with a value of 3. Sorry if it wasn't clear. So you protect a easy target from being taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkeden25 wrote:
I think that standard set-up -not optimal- is a nice way to start quicker as the guard does'nt know the mission of the ninja, something generic is OK.

Yup. Time to share with photos in a separate thread?

I'd start, but I'm traveling and away from my game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I just submitted a plain low ink .pdf and .vsd (MS-Visio) version of the Manor House board to play with. It should pop up in the file section soon.
You can use it to share board setups or other stuff (custom missions?).

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
darkeden25 wrote:
One search token with a value of 3. Sorry if it wasn't clear. So you protect a easy target from being taken.

ah sorry. You you were quite clear the first time. My bad.
(I also located the specific rule on page 6 of the rulebook)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkPadawan wrote:
Hi folks,

I just submitted a plain low ink .pdf and .vsd (MS-Visio) version of the Manor House board to play with. It should pop up in the file section soon.
You can use it to share board setups or other stuff (custom missions?).

Dark.

I don't see any board set-ups in the Files or Images sections. Am I just missing it? Did it ever get uploaded?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded empty templates, no filled ones.
They are in the files section.

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found them. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.