Popular Tags: [View All]
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please take a look at the picture:

Please assume that this FRG Jaguar 1 is a turretless 360° vehicle with the TT-Factor 360 (and not a TT:120 vehicle what actually its TT-Factor is).

The Fields-of-Fire of a turreted 360° vehicle is all-round (360°)(see 4.4.3.1.2). So, with Direct Fire the Jaguar is able to attack each of the Soviet units.

Assume it's the Overwatch Fire step and all Soviet units just moved within their hexes, so that the Jaguar is allowed to use Overwatch Fire versus them (of course not versus all of them during the same Overwatch Fire Step).

(1) What is the AP Hit Modifier for the Overwatch Fire versus the SU-152?
(2) What is the AP Hit Modifier for the Overwatch Fire versus the BMP-2?
(3) What is the AP Hit Modifier for the Overwatch Fire versus the BMP-3?
(4) What is the AP Hit Modifier for the Overwatch Fire versus the T-80?

According to the rules in 4.4.3.2.2 on p. 15 it seems to be important whether a target of Overwatch Fire is within the attacker's Front 60°, 120°, or 180° Field-of-Fire or not.

It is not clear to me if in my example the Soviet targets are within the Jaguar's Front 60°, 120°, or 180° Field-of-Fire (mod -1) or if the targets are outside of it (mod -3).

Remember, the turretless 360° vehicle has a 360° Field-of-Fire according to 4.4.3.1.2.

So, my question is what is the Front Field-of-Fire of a turretless 360° vehicle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRealKid wrote:
(1) What is the AP Hit Modifier for the Overwatch Fire versus the SU-152?

TheRealKid wrote:
(2), (3), (4)

As described in section 4.4.3.2.2 AP Hit Modifiers, Overwatch/CIS and Overwatch Adjust/CIS.

Section 4.4.3.1.2 Turretless 360° Vehicles states that they are the same as turreted vehicles with a front field-of-fire as illustrated in section 4.4.3.1.4 Front Fields-of-Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay. I think the same modifiers are true for a turreted vehicle (assuming the turret has the same facing as the hull).

Now assume the Jaguar 1 has its real value of TT:120.

Then the AP Hit modifier in case (2) versus the BMP-2 would be a -1 only. Right?

That means a vehicle with a limited Fields-of-Fire (here: TT:120) has a better chance to hit a target with Overwatch Fire than a Turretless 360° vehicle (or than a vehicle with a turret).

The same is true for vehicles with the limited Fields-of-Fire of 180° (TT:180). They would have better chances to hit the BMP-2 and the BMP-3 with Overwatch Fire than a Turretless 360 vehicle (or than a vehicle with a turret).

Does this makes sense? I don't think so.

EDIT: If You want, then please have a look at the following optional rules, I created. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1629001/optional-rules-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRealKid wrote:
Does this makes sense?

Absolutely.

You need to look a little closer at the units with TT: 120 or TT: 180 ratings. They are ATGMs. This reflects the missiles' abilities to engage targets within wider arcs than turreted units (60 degrees) and even turretless 360 degree units, which are basically machineguns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Russo
United States
flag msg tools
In that image above, can a TT: 120 vehicle (Jaguar, M150, BRDM-ATGM) engage the BMP-3 and the T-80BV without turning the vehicle during the movement phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ardennes4412 wrote:
In that image above, can a TT: 120 vehicle (Jaguar, M150, BRDM-ATGM) engage the BMP-3 and the T-80BV without turning the vehicle during the movement phase?

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
You need to look a little closer at the units with TT: 120 or TT: 180 ratings. They are ATGMs. This reflects the missiles' abilities to engage targets within wider arcs than turreted units (60 degrees) and even turretless 360 degree units, which are basically machineguns.

I have to say that I still don't have the game. I ordered it by a local game store and can't wait to get it. Therefore I don't know about the weapon systems all the vehicles have.

My thoughts are mere theoretical. I have to play it a few times. Then I can form a better opinion.

By the way, You are the designer of the game. Right? If that is true, I have to say that I think it is absolutely commendable that You personally answer in this forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.