Subject: Let's do the math! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hildreth
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, I have recently started collecting SW and currently own the Master Set and the two Starter Sets. So, I only have 10 of the possible 40 decks available.

I just sold all of my bowling equipment and plan on using the money to purchase the Limited Ed. Big Box set and the remaining 8 Second Summoner decks.

I decided to play a round robin with the 10 decks I own. A grid composed of 10x10 with the faction names on the left side going down and across the top moving right (faction names are in the same order). This allows my to "black out" any box where the faction meets itself. I use an "X" if the game was a loss and a "O" if it was a victory. And I have total wins and losses columns at the end of the grid.

Here's the math:

10 deck = a 10x10 grid with a total of 100 possible matchups - the 10 same faction matchups for a total of 90 matches or 45 games (since 2 factions are involved in each game).

40 decks (this gets ridiculous fast) = a 40x40 grid with a total of 1600 possible matchups - 40 same faction matchups for a total of 1560 matches or 780 games...

I do not know if anyone else has done this, but I am nearly finished with my 10x10 grid and will expand it to the 40x40 once they arrive. And will be able to calculate the win to loss ratio or % won once finished.
This is possibly useless information, but I am interested in having each faction play each other faction at least once and seeing the results in total. If there is any interest I will post results as they become available.

Thanks, John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand. What will this show you?

Will your grid will show that faction A wins over faction B most of the time?

But If I play faction B, I may consistently beat you and faction A.:whistle:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hildreth
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry to mislead. It will show me my win to lose ratio for each faction based off playing against each other faction. This is in no way a definitive list for everyone else (nor is that the intent). Just a catalog of my solo 1v1 games. Also, it is a way for me to track the matchups I have had. It also extends the replay ability by just checking the chart and playing a matchup I have yet to attempt. With a possible 780 matches, this leads to years of replay for solo 1v1. Plus at the price point of $260 for everything out thus far for SW over 780 matches, that's less than $.34 per game (let alone adding in the non solo games I have/will have played by then).

On the other note. I would love to play against you, although I live in the Kansas City area and am unwilling to travel. I do see your point of: me playing faction A, and you playing faction B with differing results. Which is why I removed that variable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually doing the same thing when playing games solo, e.g. when I played Race for the Galaxy against the Robot, I played with each of the Starting Worlds against each of the remaining Starting Worlds.

It's fun, and even if it isn't really very statistically relevant, it at least shows a tendency for which factions match my prefered play style, and may even reveal a few bad match-ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hildreth
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Exactly, this solo play-style has helped me learn to adjust and adapt to the different factions depending on the opposing faction. Since I am trying to win with either at the same time it has been interesting how fast strategies alter based on the card draw or what the "opponent" has done. This has also led to some quick blunders that has cost the game quite quickly from on false move.

I am glad I am not the only person engaging in extracurricular work whilst perusing a multitude of table tops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Codcake wrote:
Sorry to mislead. It will show me my win to lose ratio for each faction based off playing against each other faction. This is in no way a definitive list for everyone else (nor is that the intent). Just a catalog of my solo 1v1 games. Also, it is a way for me to track the matchups I have had. It also extends the replay ability by just checking the chart and playing a matchup I have yet to attempt. With a possible 780 matches, this leads to years of replay for solo 1v1. Plus at the price point of $260 for everything out thus far for SW over 780 matches, that's less than $.34 per game (let alone adding in the non solo games I have/will have played by then).

On the other note. I would love to play against you, although I live in the Kansas City area and am unwilling to travel. I do see your point of: me playing faction A, and you playing faction B with differing results. Which is why I removed that variable.

I'm with you now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.