Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Legendary: Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: SHIELD Clearance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With regard to discarding a card, unlike Cyclops' cards which clearly state "from your hand", is it ok to discard cards from your play area? I liken this scenario to how you can KO a card which can be from your play area...

Eg Player puts down 3 Shield Agents, recruits Luke Cage 'Cautious', then puts down 3 Shield Troopers to attack a Capekillers enemy, discarding a Shield Agent from his/her play area...

Is this ok?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Discard refers only to cards from your hand that have not been played yet. Of course, you can houserule if you want!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
No. Discard refers only to cards from your hand that have not been played yet. Of course, you can houserule if you want!


There is nowhere that states this. Cyclops cards specifically say discard from your hand, the rules regarding Shield Clearance do not. The original rule book even tells you to discard your hand as the last thing to do on your turn before drawing a new hand...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard the remaining, unplayed cards, that is.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Discard implies that you do not play that card at all this turn. If you have already played it, how do you un-play it?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Discard implies that you do not play that card at all this turn. If you have already played it, how do you un-play it?


Discard actually means to place it on your discard pile. The rules of the game stipulate the diffrences in location from hand, play area and discard pile. "Discard from your hand" explicitly requires a card that you haven't played yet...so I guess I'm asking if they should have included the words "from your hand", or if they were deliberately left out to allow for discarding from the play area.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the compiled FAQ:

Quote:
“Discard a card”: When a card says “discard a card,” the discarded card must be a card from your hand unless the effect specifies to discard from somewhere else (e.g. “discard a card from the top of your deck”). (http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12735227#12735227) – Devin Low


https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92138/unofficial-collecte...
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Discard the remaining, unplayed cards, that is.


Step 3) Discard Your Hand and Draw 6 New Cards
- At the end of your turn, put all the cards you played this turn into your discard pile.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
From the compiled FAQ:

Quote:
“Discard a card”: When a card says “discard a card,” the discarded card must be a card from your hand unless the effect specifies to discard from somewhere else (e.g. “discard a card from the top of your deck”). (http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12735227#12735227) – Devin Low


https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92138/unofficial-collecte...


Ok then.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jimmythecritic wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:
No. Discard refers only to cards from your hand that have not been played yet. Of course, you can houserule if you want!


There is nowhere that states this. Cyclops cards specifically say discard from your hand, the rules regarding Shield Clearance do not. The original rule book even tells you to discard your hand as the last thing to do on your turn before drawing a new hand...


Adelin is quite correct in this matter. Discard would only refer to the cards in your hand unless otherwise stated. You cannot play either Cyclops common card unless you discard a card from your hand first.

Discard doesn't just mean put a card in your discard pile.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.