$20.00
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What happens exactly? Unless I am missing it I cant seem to find what to do in this case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't seem to be in the rules, but one of the preview posts on Upper Deck's website says that the upgrade is discarded from that spot.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/07/legendary-encounters-a-fire...

The bottom of the post has the relevant information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the first things I noticed when reading the rules too. Thankfully the preview is there so that we know the intent.

If there's an FAQ in the works, you could safely bet on this rule being in the errata section...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
daishi_no_zaagu wrote:
It doesn't seem to be in the rules, but one of the preview posts on Upper Deck's website says that the upgrade is discarded from that spot.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/07/legendary-encounters-a-fire...

The bottom of the post has the relevant information.

This is correct. That info was mistakenly left out of the rulebook. I apologize for the error.

If a Ship Strike gets placed in a slot that has an Upgrade, discard the Upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wonder if UD would ever consider putting out a "revision pack" containing reprints of cards with misprints (Scrap Shop, IAV Magellan), and perhaps some that could use some clarification, along with an updated rulebook that clarified some of the issues brought up since release (and covered omitted items such as the effect of ship strikes on upgrades), and maybe a printed FAQ covering other questions. I'd certainly be willing to spend a few dollars on something like that.

Maybe even include screen cap/photograph versions of the Avatars (similar to the Mal one that was promo'd at GenCon) to placate the art critics at least a little (though some will never be happy), or another 5 Browncoats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the new printings including fixed cards, But I'm not sure the errata is important enough for a separate release.

What would be cool is the type of thing FFG used to do, including the errata cards from the base set in a future expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.