Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Pollard
United Kingdom
Bristol
Avon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi folks,

Having a blast playing Juno. Now on the last turn and things are looking dodgy for the allies - taking down wn29 is proving very problematic.

Here are my questions from play:

1. Many of the German fortifications are in Town hexes. I have been applying the town modifier to any attacks against these fortifications - this makes some of them very difficult to remove. For example WN29 above, has a -5 straight off the bat! Am I playing this right?

2. I noticed that the Sherman Crabs can't clear mines in a town hex :/ To do so they cannot be in column, but they cannot drop out of column because they are in a town. Is this the correct interpretation?

3. Do company bonus rolls apply to op fire too? I have been playing them that they can be applied. That said I have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that this is incorrect? I have been scouring the rules but can't find anything!

Ps: It's a great game. I think it has now moved ASL to second place, plus I have now bought where eagles dare too. Absolutely love the system. It hits a perfect balance between complexity and telling a story. Plus the scale helps associate your stories with real places!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Smith
Germany
flag msg tools
1: I think so

2: Yes.

3: No company bonus on op. I dont know where it is in the rules but its in there. Maybe even on the overview sheet somewhere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Forester
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan is correct on all scores (#1 as well)

It takes a great volume of fire to reduce many of the WNs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pollard
United Kingdom
Bristol
Avon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks everyone - most useful!

Looks like Juno is a very tough nut to crack :)

Thanks
RobP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The earlier statements on #2 are incorrect.

Correction on #2 -

See Note 3 from the TEC: "Wheeled and Track Units may leave Column with in a Town hex but may not then move without returning to Column mode."

So move into the Town while in Column, get out of column, remove the mine, get into Column and leave the town is permissible. Would take you a few activations to do so.

This is not true for City hexes though.

On #3 - Find the "no Company Bonus" rule for Op Fire un 17.6 #4 in the v2.0 Rules of Play.

Quote:
It hits a perfect balance between complexity and telling a story. Plus the scale helps associate your stories with real places!

This is why I love it too.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Smith
Germany
flag msg tools
I keep mixing up town and city...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pollard
United Kingdom
Bristol
Avon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Ty!

Must remember to pay close attention to the terrain notes!

Thanks
RobP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pollard
United Kingdom
Bristol
Avon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fengzhuxi wrote:
I keep mixing up town and city...

With this game series, there is no need to look at the graphics in the hex, all you need do is check the centre spot colour. That way you always pick the correct terrain for the hex.

Very good system imo :)

RobP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.