Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Thrasher
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
When playing our first game last night, we got stuck trying to figure out what to do when one's deck runs out. We decided to shuffle the discard pile and insert it under the on-deck card as a fresh deck, because that's the only thing that makes sense. It is weird that the rulebook does not cover this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crapstorm wrote:
When playing our first game last night, we got stuck trying to figure out what to do when one's deck runs out. We decided to shuffle the discard pile and insert it under the on-deck card as a fresh deck, because that's the only thing that makes sense. It is weird that the rulebook does not cover this.

If you go to flip your on-deck cards and can't, you shuffle your discards and make a new deck from them. This is common for most deck-building type games. The rulebook explains this in "How to Play" under "Planting Phase" (pg. 8): "Whenever your deck is empty and you need to reveal a new on-deck card, shuffle your discard pile, it becomes your draw deck. If all of your cards are in your field, then you must pass."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised the rule book doesn't cover this. But yes, one would shuffle the discard pile. The way I played it was only shuffle it if you needed to actually use the next card that wasn't there. For example: if you didn't push with the top card, you would need to shuffle when the next field is flopped out. The difference between doing it this way and your way is that with your way your current flop wouldn't be included, where as with mine the current flop would be included when seeding the next field.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Either way it works out =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thrasher
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ah! Thanks, Victor. For some reason we all missed the text on page 8. We all took turns looking for this rule, but we couldn't find it last night. I guess we were tired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.