Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest beta release from 2 days ago does fix the campaign phase bug, which put the project to a hold. I will revisit the conversion once the official 1.7 release is out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
c22dragoon
Finland
flag msg tools
Sadgit wrote:
However, we had to stop conversion due to time constraints and lack of interest/feedback of the community. I am happy to support anybody who would like to pick up this project again.

Oh no! That's a pity!! I just found Descent & Valkyrie. How much effort it approximately takes to convert one quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the old version of Valkyrie that I used I would estimate that it took me more than 8 hours per encounter including a bit of play testing. I guess it is a lot quicker now with the new editor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rhune
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
That's good news as I just started toying with the editor and it's tough to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
liquidlogic wrote:

The Egg Thieves, Part I: To Steal a Dragon

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5waok7y1pm29w3k/quest.ini?dl=0

Click 'run', go to %appdata%, then your Valkyrie subfolder.

Create a new folder (EditorQuestX) and place the Quest.ini file into that folder.

Run Valkyrie and play the quest! Recommended for 4 heroes.

I still need to playtest this some more for less than 4 heroes, but it should work. I plan on adding at least 1-2 more quests in this series.

Please let me know if you find any bugs/problems. Content-wise, its finished, it just needs some polish and text editing.

EDIT: Updated quest text and formatting

Any chance you have an updated version of this? Won't load with current version. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyway to update the tutorial? Trying to follow it but once I get to Trigger SpawnCave from EventPlaceTile it doesn't make sense. Looks like maybe an update made the guide out of date? Anyway would love to start creating my own Quests but I'm having a hard time understanding the quest editor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
maverick4jc wrote:
Anyway to update the tutorial? Trying to follow it but once I get to Trigger SpawnCave from EventPlaceTile it doesn't make sense. Looks like maybe an update made the guide out of date? Anyway would love to start creating my own Quests but I'm having a hard time understanding the quest editor.

The MoM documentation is more complete, though some of it doesn't apply have a look at this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gi5gTwKkw84Px0Lvk-bJ3Aml...

If you have and specific issues or questions raise them here:
https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/issues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BruceLGL wrote:
maverick4jc wrote:

The MoM documentation is more complete, though some of it doesn't apply have a look at this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gi5gTwKkw84Px0Lvk-bJ3Aml...

If you have and specific issues or questions raise them here:
https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/issues

Thank you! That cleared up so many questions and frustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sadgit wrote:
In theory: yes.

We have started to convert the Shadow Rune campaign some time ago and managed to complete three quests. Those are included in Valkyrie.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1754892/shadow-rune-project

However, we had to stop conversion due to time constraints and lack of interest/feedback of the community. I am happy to support anybody who would like to pick up this project again.

I'd like to see about continuing this project. It may be more then I can handle but I think it would be fun to try. I downloaded the quest files from "https://descent-community.org/index.php/fan-projects-fan-content/the-shadow-rune-project/" but can't access them. Probably because these were done on 0.8.7 and it's currently 1.6.1. Anyway if possible it would be nice to find a way I can edit the current files.

The "A Fat Goblin" quest gets to a certain point (First round when the garden is shown) and then ends the quest and goes back to the menu. The "Cardinals Plight" quest also has some issues with buttons and spawns. I know you have moved on from this project but I'd love to see about trying to fix them myself if possible. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess there have been many changes to Valkyrie in the meantime and the old commands might no longer work.

The files that you can download from descent-community.org might not be the last versions of the quests. At some point we sent the files to BruceGL to be included in Valkyrie directly.

I just checked and found that BruceGL ported the first quest that Delphi and I made (First Blood) to the current version of Valkyrie. Maybe he has a way of porting the other quests, too?

As far as I remember Fat Goblin (made by Delphi) was actually completed. Cardinal's Plight (made by rdh174) encounter 1 was complete, encounter 2 needed some more work. I also finished encounter 1 of Castle Daerion and started working on encounter 2. I will sent you the files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sadgit wrote:
I guess there have been many changes to Valkyrie in the meantime and the old commands might no longer work.

The files that you can download from descent-community.org might not be the last versions of the quests. At some point we sent the files to BruceGL to be included in Valkyrie directly.

I just checked and found that BruceGL ported the first quest that Delphi and I made (First Blood) to the current version of Valkyrie. Maybe he has a way of porting the other quests, too?

As far as I remember Fat Goblin (made by Delphi) was actually completed. Cardinal's Plight (made by rdh174) encounter 1 was complete, encounter 2 needed some more work. I also finished encounter 1 of Castle Daerion and started working on encounter 2. I will sent you the files.

Yes, encounter 1 of Cardinal's Plight seemed fine it was the second encounter that had the issues. First Blood ran fine as well. Thanks and I look forward to the files and continuing this amazing work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
First Blood, A Fat Goblin, Castle Daerion and The Cardinal's Plight are all available for download directly within Valkyrie.

If anyone has old files they want to work, this is the important reference:

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/wiki/QuestFormat

Anything saved before version 0.9 won't work in the current versions, but will work in 1.3 available here:

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/releases/tag/release%2F1...

Just reopening and saving will update it to format 6, after which it will work in all newer versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Charles,

I recently noticed the problem with "A Fat Goblin" myself, when I ran it on the 1.7 beta release. I plan to update (and partially redesign) this quest once the 1.7 stable release is out.

My guess is that either something went wrong due to file format changes when converting the quest up from it's 0.8 version or I did screw up somewhere. This might be the liklier case, but before the quest was published I ran extensive tests and didn't experience the problem then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BruceLGL wrote:
First Blood, A Fat Goblin, Castle Daerion and The Cardinal's Plight are all available for download directly within Valkyrie.

If anyone has old files they want to work, this is the important reference:

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/wiki/QuestFormat

Anything saved before version 0.9 won't work in the current versions, but will work in 1.3 available here:

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/releases/tag/release%2F1...

Just reopening and saving will update it to format 6, after which it will work in all newer versions.

That is way easier then how I was going about it which required lots of data entry and a little tweaking. Thanks for this! Saved me hours of work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DelphiDie wrote:
Hello Charles,

I recently noticed the problem with "A Fat Goblin" myself, when I ran it on the 1.7 beta release. I plan to update (and partially redesign) this quest once the 1.7 stable release is out.

My guess is that either something went wrong due to file format changes when converting the quest up from it's 0.8 version or I did screw up somewhere. This might be the liklier case, but before the quest was published I ran extensive tests and didn't experience the problem then.

That's great news! I won't touch it then. It's better off in your hands anyway. I'll start on some other quests. Thanks for picking this back up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Shadow Vault - Interlude I quest is complete. I'd love it if I could get some people to test it out. I am working on Death On The Wing next. Once I have that done I'll post it as well for people to test. Hopefully we can get all of The Shadow Rune completed for a full campaign.

The Shadow Vault
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2r9owt1g31zqgs/07_TheShadowVault....
Please let me know of any bug or corrections that need to be made. Thanks!

P.S. If you have done other quests for The Shadow Rune please let me know so we can collaborate.

UPDATE: Death On The Wing is complete! Not sure what I will work on next but I'll post it when I finish.

UPDATE: The Masquerade Ball is complete. Working on finishing all of ACT I quests. I will post them as they are completed. These all need to be tested and polished before having NPBruce add them to the download list on D2E Valkyrie. If you are willing to test please do so as that will help out a lot. This is hours of work to create these and testing is best done by others for fresh eyes.

Death On The Wing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qfp273jwr1qw5/06_DeathOnTheWing1...

The Masquerade Ball
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9870qaimjprqto/04_TheMasqueradeBa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rhune
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Just from what i saw quick peeking, they look amazing man !.. I hope to get more time in the evening to more thoroughly look them over... Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you! I just updated them last night to fix some issues with monster actions, mechanics and other minor issues. If you find some time download them again for the newer versions. Thanks for checking them out! It's a huge help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rhune
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Giving it a look now..Have everything in content folder..I notice Masquerade ball isn't showing up in start quest list..

Death on the wing worked great, flawless from what i can tell.

Will edit as i'm able to give each quest a test run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! This is a great help! I didn't fix the .zip files to work so if they are still in the zip file it wont show up. I think there is some trick to allow .zip files to work but I can't remember. Try to unzip the file and that should help. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rhune
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Actually that is the default action when it comes to zip files..They were already unzipped and placed in the content folder..I'll try the opposite and just put the zip files in and see how it works it, merely for curiosity sake..

Edit: negative, masquerade ball is still a no show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rhune
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Valkyrie 1.6.1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I know why. Try putting them in your Valkyrie folder in appdata. In windows search type in %appdata%. Look for Valkyrie and open that up. Place the file in there. Should be something like C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Valkyrie or mine is C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Valkyrie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rhune
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
That did the trick!..Ok, made a note on installation for future purposes..Good find, she's showing in the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome! In the future, after they are tested it'll be in the downloads for easy access.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.