Castle Panic» Forums » General

Subject: Could a child that can't read play this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watched the dice tower review of this with my 5 year-old. He seems interested in playing but is still learning to read. Would he be able to play this game if my wife and I helped him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Could I child that can't read play this game?
Absolutely. My five year old loves this game even with the wizard tower expansion. You will need to help him with some of the cards but most of them can be figured out just by the picture/color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine made a Smurfs version of this to play with his kids. From what I've heard, it works if he guides them through it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. There is some text, but the game is an open information co-op, so everyone's hand is visible and you can work with and help each other. Most of the cues are not-textual. I think your son would have a blast with the game if he likes monsters, knights and that sort of thing. He'd have so many more decisions to make compared to Candy Land and other beginner kids games.

If he likes it, definitely get the Wizard's Tower. It makes the game much more fun. We didn't get Castle Panic until she was nine, but it was only because I wasn't aware of its existence until then.

Another game I played with my daughter when she was you son's age was Carcassonne. It has a lot of expansions that will keep you busy for a couple of years.

Good luck and have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wittela wrote:
Absolutely. There is some text, but the game is an open information co-op, so everyone's hand is visible and you can work with and help each other. Most of the cues are not-textual. I think your son would have a blast with the game if he likes monsters, knights and that sort of thing. He'd have so many more decisions to make compared to Candy Land and other beginner kids games.

If he likes it, definitely get the Wizard's Tower. It makes the game much more fun. We didn't get Castle Panic until she was nine, but it was only because I wasn't aware of its existence until then.

Another game I played with my daughter when she was you son's age was Carcassonne. It has a lot of expansions that will keep you busy for a couple of years.

Good luck and have fun!

Actually it is a coop in an optional variant, normally it's a semi-coop - everybody loses together, but only one person wins. So per default rules no open information. No reason not play this way, but still, seems a lot of people forget it's not a full coop with default rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.