$20.00
arkham zombie
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi y'all,

Long time lurker, first post.

Snatched a first victory in EH against Yogi a few days ago. Just want to clear an incident.

During the play an investigator got an encounter from Tokyo which allowed to reduce one monsters health by 3. Would that allowed to reduce an Epic monsters health also to the point of defeating it (monster in case was the Dunwich horror which had already had damage done to it)?
I wasn't sure so I dropped another monster instead.

Defeating the DH solved the second mystery so I didn't want to cheat my way into victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arkhamzombie wrote:
Hi y'all,

Snatched a first victory in EH against Yogi a few days ago. Just want to clear an incident.

During the play an investigator got an encounter from Tokyo which allowed to reduce one monsters health by 3. Would that allowed to reduce an Epic monsters health also to the point of defeating it (monster in case was the Dunwich horror which had already had damage done to it)?

Defeating the DH solved the second mystery so I didn't want to cheat my way into victory.

Yes, you can reduce an epic monster's health like this. See the FAQ

Quote:
Q. Can the Agency Quarantine Asset or the Shrivelling Spell cause an Epic Monster to lose Health?
A. Yes. Effcts that cause Monsters to lose Health, such as the Agency Quarantine Asset or the Shriveling Spell, can cause Epic Monsters to lose Health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arkhamzombie wrote:
Hi y'all,

As DaveD says, it's permissible to use any effect that inflicts damage on an Epic Monster. What you can't do is use "Defeat" or "Discard" effects. (Causing sufficient damage to an Epic Monster invokes the EM's own "Defeat Effect", but that's not you using a Defeat Effect, so it's OK - if it weren't, we'd have a horrible recursion problem)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arkham zombie
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah thought so too but wanted to confirm.

But in the end it didn't matter, just had to do it the hard way. Which actually was more fun.

Thanks for the quick answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.