Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Butcher AI Lantern Frenzy question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Lowell
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
According to the Nemesis Encounter rules, the level of the Butcher should be 1 higher than the previous encounter.

The first line of the Aftermath step is to "Update the settlement record sheet to indicate the monster level of this encounter."

However, the Lantern Frenzy card grants the option to its target to "...end the showdown immediately, skip the Aftermath."

Does this result in the Butcher not increasing in difficulty? Am I intended to interpret this as lore, the same Butcher as before finally returns to the Settlement for another attack, or should I go with a level 2 Butcher and ignore the possible loop hole in favor of regular Nemesis Encounter procedure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
I think it's just a case of poor wording. Most likely it was intended that you skip the rewards, but still update the level. If not, it seems like a powerful loophole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.