Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two groups and one group has a soldier, and an ASL, (now SL from SL being killed), only in it. Can this SL individual transfer to the other group?
I'm not reading anything against or for it. I know one of the groups needs an SL or ASL in them, but doesn't mention if this commander can actually transfer himself.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no problem with counting a transferring leader himself as the leader required to transfer a man between groups. Thinking in terms of what is being represented: the division of men into groups reflects pre-game command instructions of the form "you men form a team and go after this objective"; a leader is needed to update this and say "Private X, head over there and help those men." It makes sense to me that a leader could "order himself" to change groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I always have to remember when reading wargame rules - especially rules written from the 70's and 80's is to take them VERY literally. All the rule says I believe is that one of the groups must contain an SL or ASL (which it does). It then gives some exceptions to that rule and unless there is an exception specifically stating that the ASL or SL cannot himself transfer then I cannot see why it couldn't be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts exactly.
thank you Gents!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caric wrote:
I have two groups and one group has a soldier, and an ASL, (now SL from SL being killed), only in it. Can this SL individual transfer to the other group?

SL or ASL doesn't matter for individual transfer--either can initiate a transfer to or from his group.

Quote:
I'm not reading anything against or for it. I know one of the groups needs an SL or ASL in them, but doesn't mention if this commander can actually transfer himself.

thanks

Yes so long as he is unpinned and not an infiltrator (or enciecled or in a minefield)--an SL/ASL (since he himself is in the group that is being transferred from) can initiate a transfer of himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.