Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Europe 1944-45 events questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Ferreira
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

First of all, I'm a huge fan of USE. I wish I could play it more often, as it is a brilliant WWII game design. But, whenever I can, I play it, and have lots of fun. Thank you, Sal. I mean it. ☺

Now, my doubts. In the scenario Europe 1944-45, there's some events, concerned to UK and USA that I don't know when to use them: 2 uk tank events and 2 western ground support.

In the first case, the tank event rule states that a faction may only use it on a infantry unit. But in this scenario heres only one unit that's not a tank. And it's a garrison stationed in UK. So, what's the purpose?

In the second case, the ground support rule states that it can only bu used by a faction that doesn't have an air or tank unit in the whole game. Which means that in this scenario the western forces cannot use it, right? So, once more what am I missing?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are mostly used earlier in the war. The tanks events are useful before the motorized infantry upgrades to armor.

The Western Ground Support is useful with minor countries that do not have armor and air force counters. Again, not particularly useful to the Western Allies at this point in the war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Ferreira
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if someone decides playing the scenario (only) maybe there's no point having those specific event counters in the set up as they're unusefull.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Master wrote:
Hi!

First of all, I'm a huge fan of USE. I wish I could play it more often, as it is a brilliant WWII game design. But, whenever I can, I play it, and have lots of fun. Thank you, Sal. I mean it. ☺

Thank you, Ricardo. I'm glad you are having fun.

Quote:
Now, my doubts. In the scenario Europe 1944-45, there's some events, concerned to UK and USA that I don't know when to use them: 2 uk tank events and 2 western ground support.

As already stated, the Western (and Soviet and Axis) Ground Support markers are more useful in earlier scenarios. However, because there are still neutral countries on the map, it is possible (though highly improbable in this scenario) that they could activate and allow for their use.

As for the UK Tanks marker, you never know when the Germans might launch a surprise Operation Sealion. arrrh Seriously, it is included on the (again highly improbable) chance the Home garrison army is moved to the continent to fight.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Ferreira
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Operation Sealion? They wish.
Thank you, Sal, for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.