The Back to School Edition
Kanata Con: 16-17 September. Registrations are open! Only a few weeks left and we need numbers for food, so please sign up else we may not be able to feed you . Let me know if you run into any issues with the checkout process. http://www.kanataboardgamers.ca/kanata-con-2016.html
There goes August.. where has the year gone? Time for those kids to go back to school, and for you to come out and play some board games? This week's theme is to celebrate this momentous occasion.
There is a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers every Thursday; next one is 01 SEPT 2016. The start time for the session is 6pm till approximately 11pm.
We meet at the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) at 46 Castlefrank Rd, which is beside the Hazeldean Public Library. There is parking outside. Just go straight through the doors facing the lot, and you can't miss us!
$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into our board game library fund. Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next.
Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores. (FAQ)
Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let Steve know, and he'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to CanGames to support kids games, and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.
Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!
Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):
1. Take Queensway/417 to Castlefrank exit, EXIT 139
2. Turn left onto Kanata Ave
3. Continue about 2km to 46 Castlefrank Rd, just past Hazeldean Rd.
4. Destination will be on the left, at the stop sign. Go up the hill.
5. Go through the doors facing the parking lot and into the main hall.
Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the doors facing the parking lot, and into the main hall.
I'll bring in "Bring Your Own Book" for the next few meetings. Three of us tried it out the last meeting and it was a success BUT you must bring in at least one book to try it out. Otherwise I've recieved my kickstart of Mare Nostrum and I can bring that if there's interest.
I can bring The Others and see if anyone can survive one of the sins
I can bring The Others
and see if anyone can survive one of the sins
I'd love to give it a try.
- Last edited Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:54 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:53 pm