Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Castrillo Alonso
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been toying around with the idea of giving some extra punch to Explore and Colonize actions. Particulary colonize is just used 1-2 times in each game and I would like to make it more interesting through the whole game.

Explore. Take up to 2 actions

-Reveal a system/anomaly tile.

-Look at the card from the top Agent/Artifact deck and then put it on the top or the bottom of its deck.

-Select an unused item and put it next to the galactic market. Next round, this item will enter the galactic market before randomly refilling empty spots in the market. There cannot be more than 2 items next to the galactic market.

Colonize

-Colonize 1 uninhabited system that you’re orbiting with 1 or more dreadnoughts.

-Build any unused building in a non-home system you're orbiting with 1 or more dreadnoughts. Pay the cost of the building + the level of system in crystals (2,3 or 4).

So, what do you think about these? Any suggestions? More ideas to make these actions more enticing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME IDEA! Going to go play a game right now.....oh wait...still hasnt shipped to backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Castrillo Alonso
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using the pnp files delivered to backers to play meanwhile.

I encourage you to print yours and give it a try if you are so eager to try my idea. Then you can share your experience with us and hopefully have a worthwhile conversation.

Thanks for the comment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Manuel > Thank you for trying out different options for the game.
I'm looking forward to tinkering with the rules and mechanics even more, once the game is out, and we can start playing around with the thought of expansion stuff beyond what has already been done.

I've taken the liberty of copying your ideas into my brainstorm document. The always present document for crazy twists and ideas for the universe

Have a good day Manuel..

Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
Explore:
1-2 actions

Reveal a tile

You take the top 2 cards of the agent deck, and put one face down in your empire. It's a contact that you've made. Put the other one at the bottom of the deck. You are able to recruit that agent with the normal recruit action. Until the end of the game, that person can't be stolen by anybody, unless you recruit him, at which point it becomes a normal agent. You can only have as many secret cards as your max agent level + empire level

You take 3 tiles from the market, and put one face down in your empire. Same idea as before. You can construct it as normal, for full cost. Max tiles face down: empire level.

Colonize:
- Colonize 1 uninhabited system that you're orbiting with at least 1 dreadnought
- Stripmining: Scratch your dreadnought. It is repurposed to strip the planet of natural resources. From now on, the planet produces 2 more crystals at the start of a turn. Track by putting 2 crystal tokens on the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Castrillo Alonso
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your suggestions, Nisses

I really like the idea of having hidden cards and I will explore those new actions.

Stripmining is very nice too. I would change it to just 1 crystal so it is similar to the crystal production building. I would also add the crystal production to one of the 2 benefits of the system (so if it is in unrest you could lose the bonus). Finally I would allow to keep adding crystals just up to the level of the system.

I have read your more advanced ideas in your other post and, while I think they are too complex for my taste, they are very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.