Subject: Develop tech symbols rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read all treads about this subject but this confused me more, because english is not my native language.

Could someone give me some definitive answers about the following symbology? :

1 O)

2 O)O) from basic Develop tech

3 O)O) from adv.card Develop tech

3 O)))

4 2xO)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
Advance 1 on 1 track
advance 1 on 2 tracks
advance 1 on 2 tracks
advance 3 on 1 track
advance 1 2times on a track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure about 4?
"If a multiplier appears on the Development symbol (ex. 2x, 3x
or 4x etc.) the player may apply the develop effects on different
rows or on the same row or a combination of the two."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totonno wrote:
Are you sure about 4?
"If a multiplier appears on the Development symbol (ex. 2x, 3x
or 4x etc.) the player may apply the develop effects on different
rows or on the same row or a combination of the two."

I think that is what he means but wrote badly.

2x o) means advance any track by once space. Then advance any track by one space (can be the same).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read that #1 is not valid if you get 2 symbols "O)" by 2 different "location" in the same turn. In this case it become like #2/#3. Is that true?

And what if the total of symbols is 3, 5, ecc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totonno wrote:
I have read that #1 is not valid if you get 2 symbols "O)" by 2 different "location" in the same turn. In this case it become like #2/#3. Is that true?

That's incorrect. Getting them from different sources is just what it says above, essentially they become 2x, 3x, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm not talking about combo's. I'm just explaining the symbols seperatly.

If you get option 1 from 2 different sources ofcource you can choose the same track twice.

yes option 4 means any track even if you advanced the blue track once you can advance it again.

Your confusing yourself by thinking combo's from different sources means that it is the 2nd option for instance but they are different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Verde
Italy
Caserta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all.

Hi Steven, I'm not confusing myself by thinking, I have read posts like this :

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18000080#18000080

expecially:

Bubslug wrote:
I've now seen several threads regarding confusion caused by the upper track of the Develop action. It shows two single develop icons. Only by reading the specific rules associated with that action would you ever interpret it the way it is written in which it dictates that the two single develops must be in different tracks. In every other instance of multiple icons, each one is treated individually and separately. The section on page 13 shows what you do with a single develop: O)= move one marker in the row of your choice - you see two such icons, rinse and repeat, no? The upper track, logically, should be treated much as 2XO) would be. The designers apparently didn't want that and threads continue to spawn because of it. A game such as this which relies on a quick and global understanding of the way its iconography works pleads for consistency.

I would have had the basic action as 2XO) and the enhanced action as O))), and we wouldn't be having this conversation here (and elsewhere)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still a bit unclear on the various Develop symbols. The rules make it sound like there is no difference between two Develop symbols, O) O), and a Develop symbol with multiplier, 2x O). Based on this thread, it sounds like the following would explain the difference between them:

O) O)
Advance one marker one time on two different rows ???

2x O)
Advance one marker one time on any row, and then advance one marker one time on any row (can be the same marker as the first advance)

And this one is pretty self-explanatory, but just for completeness:

O))
Advance one marker two times on one row

Is all of that accurate?

Also, the Advanced Technology Card "Action of Elders" adds O) (and only 1) to the track of the player's choice for each Develop action, regardless of which specific Develop action was used, O), O) O), 2x O), or O)). Confirmed here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18102052#18102052
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.