Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Jacobs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a high degree of likelihood that I will enjoy Scythe.

A number of session reports sound like fun. There are also some reviews which take a critical look, and are enough to give me pause.

I was out of shelf space months ago, and now I'm running out of floor in front of shelf space as well. :[

If you're in the same boat, I've been lucky enough to find 3 ways to try it out first.

1. There's a local boardgame cafe with a copy. for $5 cover I can set it up and check it out.

2. Tabletop Simulator has an official version for $8

3. Tabletopia is a similar service and they also have access to Scythe.

I think I'm going to try Tabletop Simulator. If within the first hour or so I'm not taken with it, I can still refund through Steam.

Table Simulator is fiddly enough that I'll want a physical copy anyway. So I'm looking forward to trying it out! I still have closet space I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Martial Solal - Bluesine || Balade du 10 Mars || Just Friends || In & Out
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why this is in the Scythe forum in particular; you could do pretty much the same with any recent game (and we don't need one of these threads in each of those game forums). I'd suggest one and done in General Gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
I don't see why this is in the Scythe forum in particular; you could do pretty much the same with any recent game (and we don't need one of these threads in each of those game forums). I'd suggest one and done in General Gaming.

Yeah I suppose that's true.

Scythe in particular has been on my mind and that's probably why I ended up here.

We can let this die then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Scythe Steam Group, join up and join a game when one starts. I think there was one scheduled for today? Or maybe it was yesterday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.