Subject: Storage of both core sets in native boxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have finally combined the both core sets and was confused how to store them now

I read the great storage ideas using Plano and other special containers/boxes, but I am trying to store everything in native game boxes.

So far the best solution that I found is to remove native plastic insert, put all tiles at the bottom of the box (take about half of the box height) and then all packs of cards above them. And then finally rulebook and adventure books.

I keep all minis separately, but after I paint all of them I'm going to remove the plastic insert in the second box and store minis there.

Not sure that it will work after receiving Wave 2.

Does anyone have better ideas how to store everything efficiently for both storage and fast game preparation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my idea on how to use the boxes to store everything.
Step one: find a new storage solution (foam, plano, etc) that fits and organizes everything.
Step two: find a large box that it will all fit in
Step three: cut apart the old boxes and glue the pieces to the new box.
Step four: profit. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, this is a tough one. I bought a Plano tackle box someone here on BGG recommended (do a search). I carry the pieces and cards in the tackle box, the map tiles in a smaller box (Cynder), and the town stuff in it's own box. I have a hand trolley that folds up and is easy to use. I use the same trolley for a similar setup for Mercs Recon, Star Trek Attack Wing, and Myth.

Man I have too many games that need trolleys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made a foamcore insert for Frontier Town, which tales care of some stuff.
Then I got a sectioned e-raptor trading card box for a good dal of the cards.
Then two Broken Token bit boxes to keep all the tokens in check (and easy to manage during play - completely worth the cost!!!).
I also got another laser cut box (from the Zombiecide organizer) to keep all tunnel tiles and end-tiles.
My final step will be to make foam core or foam insert for the core boxes themselves with space for the XXL minis and (hopefully) most of the monsters - ideally with one side of one to keep all the tiles.

This game has cost me at least as much money in storage tinkering as the first base game I got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier D.
France
Brulain
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiles, counters and cards (in zip bags) in box #1.
Minis (in egg boxes), rules, CD's, characters and town sheets in box #2.

The only mini that wouldn't fit is the harbinger, So I didn't glue its wings for storage convenience.

Inserts went bye bye, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:

I keep all minis separately, but after I paint all of them I'm going to remove the plastic insert in the second box and store minis there.

The Harbinger won't fit (He's too big on his minimum dimension IIRC).

Other than that one of the starter boxes full of those 200 card deck boxes holds all the cards and some of the miniatures and the other with it's insert still in place holds the tiles, cards and remaining miniatures. Plus a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My solution:

1.) Keep the map tiles seperated and put them under the inserts of each box.
2.) Put all the minis (Monsters & Heroes) in one box.
3.) Put all other cards tokens using zip baggies into the other box (where the monsters are not in).
4.) Keep the mine map tile cards for the City of the Ancients box in the City of the Ancients box - keep the mine map tile cards for Swamps of Death in the Swamps of Death box.
5.) Put the Harbinger and the Goliath onto the shelf where everybody can see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, thanks a lot for your excellent advices.

I hoped that it will be not necessary to use both hugh boxes each time when I want to start playing, but it seems that it is inevitable unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well given that the game is open ended, it is inevitable that you will create and outgrow a number of different storage and transport solutions.

I just bought some stuff from Flying Frog's store -- a couple of new heroes, some targa pylons and guardians, Trederra, and the "companions". All that stuff isn't going to fit in my current solution.

This sort of event is going to be pretty steady I suspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, i bought two KR Multicase cases to handle the models - it's overkill for the base boxes, but when the other minis turn up I don't think it will be enough(!)

With the minis out of the way, I have everything that is not needed (around 1/3 of the wound tokens etc, the CD's (not a fan of FFG CD's) and the duplicated large cards for the town etc in one of the large boxes. I dont remember if the insert is still in that box.

Then in the other box I have the two sets of map tiles (each in a large baggie) a Plano box and a smaller non-branded box holding the chits (with room for some expansion for more) and then baggies holding the cards. Rule books, large cards, player and enemy reference cards all fit underneath.

SO when I took it to a friends last week, one of the base boxes and my KR Multi-case with the core figures was all I needed.

Note: I don't have the frontier town or the Caverns expansions yet (come on Kickstarter Wave 2 shipping!) but when I do, some...revisions will be in order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.