Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that most people like variable player powers. What if, after the setup, you take all of the unused cards (the ones acquired by 2 purple chests), shuffled them up, gave three to each player, and drafted 3, but simultaneously choose only one to keep as your player power you start with from the beginning of the game.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I understand your system: give 3, draft 3, keep 1? so keep 1 of 6? I don't think they are balanced enough if you just pass them out. I don't personally like variable player powers so would shy away from this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player gets 3 cards from the left-overs. Choose 1, pass 2. Choose 1, pass 1. Choose 1 of the 3 you have and that will be your 'player power.' Return the other 2 to the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
slick pdx

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it could work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it once and it was pretty fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.