Popular Tags: [View All]
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Interesting rules writing ...

I'd say that , basically , the 2lbr has a 360 degree Field of Fire and a "change in facing" pivot is not considered a "move" ...

A change in facing isn't considered a move action , but ,
is used to alter the To Hit die roll , exclusively ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Johnny Yuma wrote:
I'd say that , basically , the 2lbr has a 360 degree Field of Fire and a "change in facing" pivot is not considered a "move" ...

I agree. Pivoting is a form of movement, which the cruciform-mounted 2-pounder doesn't need to do because its gun can face any direction just by, uh, swiveling. It just shoots in any direction, without having to make a pivot move that might trigger opportunity fire.

Of course, shooting can trigger opportunity fire, but by then the 2-pounder has already taken its shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Stearjas wrote:
Johnny Yuma wrote:
Interesting rules writing ...

A change in facing isn't considered a move action , but ,
is used to alter the To Hit die roll , exclusively ...

"To pivot two or more hexsides in its current hex will require movement, and can only be conducted during the movement segment."

Pivoting IS movement.

10.2.1 overrides the Pivoting is Movement rules ...
It is a Special Exemption from the normal rules for the 2lbr ...
The gun has a 360 degree Field of Fire with a To Hit penalty for the hexes "swiveled " ( thanks for the term , Brian ) ..

Maybe give the Bofors and the the 20mm Breda the same "swivel" feature ?

Quote:
And for what it is worth, turreted AFV's have 360 degree field of fire. Are you going to allow them the same action as the 2 pdr, which is the ability to ignore the rules as written because it fits what the example shows, not what the rules state?

Maybe ... Depends on the level of detail and fiddly diddly rules you want ...

Quote:
4.2.2 COVERED ARC: A vehicle/heavy weapon unit must always face towards one definite HEXSPINE in the hex it occupies. The direction it is facing is also referred to as its Covered Arc (CA) or Vehicular Covered Arc (VCA). Later in these rules, turreted vehicles will we able to have a separate Turret Covered Arc (TCA) and place separate turret counters on top of the vehicle counter.

If you want to fiddle with turret speed of the TCA swing , then , yes/ maybe , the fast turret speed of PzI and PzII and maybe the Stuart would allow those fast turret AFVs to use similar exemptions , but , then you need to figure out visibility of the 2 man crew turret and their situational awareness ....

Quote:

Question: The 2 pdr ATG is a heavy weapon unit is it not?

Weight doesn't mean much when it is on a turntable swivel .. It swivels pretty fast ... I think I saw 45 degrees per second ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
It's the best way I've Been taught many a rule .. By being wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.