Kaosball: The Fantasy Sport of Total Domination» Forums » General

Subject: 2016 Expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Kaosball last night for the first time in quite a while. This morning I was looking up some rules and learned that there are/were a handful of new products for 2016.

It looks like there are six new ringers sold in two packs and then two more ringers sold in a some kind of league box (maybe a packaged version of the old blue board?).

Does anyone have any news or information about these products? I'd like to find them but I'm struggling with tracking down where to buy them, and I can't seem to find much information about them in general.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market carries the league kit as well as the other ringer packs. Currently they are sold out of the other ringer packs and just have the league kit in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Any idea when during the year they were released? I found a preorder for the products on Cardhaus Games, but I'm guessing that's not really a preorder if Mini Market is out of stick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them and I think it was sometime in April or May... I don't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
It looks like it was a touch earlier in the year. I found an older thread where I had posted the abilities of the new ringers after I had purchased them, and I posted info for four of them in January and four of them in February.

In general, promotion for these products seemed to be pretty much nonexistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition, a single ringer miniature was revealed and given out at Gencon. I believe he is called "The Survivor". Also, out of the blue and without forewarning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSB046 wrote:
In general, promotion for these products seemed to be pretty much nonexistent.

Definitely. I'm among the target audience for this product and I only discovered its existence (many months after its release) by happenstance.

I placed an order for the products on Cardhaus, but given that they are preorders for late September, I'm not very confident that the order will be fulfilled given that the product has been out for so long already. Something feels off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
Bucketeyo wrote:
Something feels off.

Wouldn't surprise me.

A while back, Miniature Market was still listing a few of the Kaosball team sets as preorders long after they were available at some other places.

(They got in them in eventually, but it was way late. I think I'd had them in hand from another store for months at that point.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.