A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Animal breeding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the rules I have a question about Animal Breeding phase.

If I have 1 pregnant sheep, I'll get 1 non-pregnant sheep and the pregnant sheep turn non-pregnant. Since I now have 2 non-pregnant sheeps, could I turn one of them to the pregnant side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the answer is no. I think the breeding rules are either/or rules: either you can turn all of your pregnant sheep over and gain one sheep or you can turn one non-pregnant sheep to the pregnant side if you have at least two sheep. The first example in the rulebook supports this:
Quote:
You have three sheep, one of which is pregnant. The pregnant one gets a newborn, the other two remain non-pregnant. Afterward you have four non-pregnant sheep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
If I have 1 pregnant sheep, I'll get 1 non-pregnant sheep and the pregnant sheep turn non-pregnant. Since I now have 2 non-pregnant sheeps, could I turn one of them to the pregnant side?

No. Basically you can get one offspring every other turn.
But once one of your sheep is pregnant, you can trade the other(s) away for more valuable goods (fur), since they are not needed anymore for giving birth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.