Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a method which allows players to pick a value between 0 and 15 but keep that number a secret until the end.

My current ideas are to use 3 dice numbered 0 to 5 behind a small shield,or have players write the numbers on a card.

What do you think would be best?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
card numbers 1 to 15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
card numbers 1 to 15.

Certainly seems like the obvious solution. If cards are too expensive, cardboard chits would work too. You could easily mock up something functional with stickers on poker chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many times per game is this happening? How many players are doing this per game? How long is the game, in play time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
card numbers 1 to 15.

It seems I overlooked a very obvious solution.

HaNd_SoLo wrote:
How many times per game is this happening? How many players are doing this per game? How long is the game, in play time?

There are two players ,and each game is 4 rounds. Each round the players will do it once each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
But the drumbeat strains of the night remain in the rhythm of the newborn day.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Number of cubes in your hand.

Don't get me wrong -- I think writing a number down is just fine, cheap, easy and very dependable. But the people that lurk here will be appalled at the need to (gasp!) own a pencil in order to play the game. It's "inelegant". Nowadays a game simply has to come with every conceivable piece in order play, even if it duplicates common household items.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McGuire
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
card numbers 1 to 15.

+1.

Is there anything else you could the cards for? e.g The secret card you mentioned is for your "secret power"; another one is for you attack power; a third is for defense; etc. If you show 13 defense and 11 attack then you obviously didn't pick secret power 11 or 13. The decision how best to use your 15 cards AND deducing what your opponent's secret power (or whatever it is) becomes part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
4 tokens:

1, 2, 4, 8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
4 tokens:

1, 2, 4, 8

You know, this brings up an interesting option. Instead of numbers, you could just use 4 symbols that can be chosen in any combination. The symbols would depend on the theme of the game.

Necessary? Not at all. But cool? Maybe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Dawson-Ruiz
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
You could have a dial with the numbers 0 through 15 on it. You set the dial then place it face down on the table. The X-wing miniatures game does something like this for selecting movement each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Carlsson
Sweden
Vikingstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cards would give you opportunity to remember information between rounds, if you selected 3 once, you can't use it again.

A dial or simply a cube/stone/<something that fits theme> and bit of cardboard with number on them could improve the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.