United States
Urbandle
Iowa
flag msg tools
Go Cyclones!
badge
Q('-'Q)
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many others, I enjoy keeping digital versions of my board game rules on my tablet. I am considering designing and creating an Android/iOS application that will help users gain access to these PDF documents straight from their phone without having to go track them down on the internet. Right now, I am looking for functionality that users may want to see in an application like this. Feel free to post any ideas you may have here so I can get a better idea of what people would be interested in seeing. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
finnsea15 wrote:
Like many others, I enjoy keeping digital versions of my board game rules on my tablet. I am considering designing and creating an Android/iOS application that will help users gain access to these PDF documents straight from their phone without having to go track them down on the internet. Right now, I am looking for functionality that users may want to see in an application like this. Feel free to post any ideas you may have here so I can get a better idea of what people would be interested in seeing. Thanks!

Being able to download them onto your phone would be nice. Reception for me can be spotty that having to re-access the site may not be possible.

For me, I've gotten used to just downloading rulebook PDFs onto my Android phone. I'd like to do that with my iPad, but been too lazy to figure out how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Nettleton
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
finnsea15 wrote:

Being able to download them onto your phone would be nice. Reception for me can be spotty that having to re-access the site may not be possible.

For me, I've gotten used to just downloading rulebook PDFs onto my Android phone. I'd like to do that with my iPad, but been too lazy to figure out how.

I tap "open in iBook" and the rules are automatically saved there. I use the Kindle app for my other books, so the only thing in iBook is game rules.

A searchable database with tags for genre, owned, player count and play time might be nice, especially if this data coul be imported directly from BGG instead of having to manually enter it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Camera image searching using just the box cover would be cool. AR-overlay of what the starting set-up should look like could be interesting (Reliant on the PDF manual HAVING an image of the set-up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.