Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » General

Subject: What is the hardest obstacle in the game and why is it GODwire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Karr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools

I am only half joking. GODwire has become almost a running joke with my buddy and I. After a couple of fails and a couple of successful aborts last night, we were on our last game of Crossfire for the night. We were doing pretty well, then at the start of the third scene I drew a GODwire. We laughed and laughed... and then we cried.

No one walked out of that run.

Are there any other contenders for hardest obstacle in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vince san
msg tools
Faced this dood recently. My butt still hurts.

Praise lighting bolt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vampire Operative is also a kill machine when her crossfire ability activates (3 damages to the current runner, 1 damage to every other runner). But yeah GODwire is slightly worse. Pack some lightning bolts as suggested, and also some covering fires to prevent regeneration.

... Or use healing kits and plan an abort hehe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the most annoying for me is Drake Assassin. Clearing that damage track is a pain and it often results in wasted rounds that make the crossfire discard pile huge...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I've lost many a game to the unfortunate arrival of a Bug Spirit at the start of the third scene.

Those games where everyone is floating right above staggered. You clear out the second scene, everyone heals, buys those healing or tanking cards to pull off that final scene, and then boom Bug Spirit. Discard your combos, draw a fresh hand of garbage, and proceed to lose spectacularly. It always tempts me to run with someone with Bribe the Guard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.