Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Stupid Question about the Big Damn Crate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scotticus Maximus
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Having seen the Big Damn Crate from Broken Token, their website says that it fits all current expansions, but it doesn't list what those expansions are. My stupid question is which expansions (specifically) does it fit? I can't find an actual list for the life of me. The YouTube video they have shows that the mat fits, but doesn't mention any expansions by name (copyright reasons, maybe?)

The Big Damn Crate was released earlier this year, and the most recent expansions say they were released last year. I just wanted to make sure which expansions fit before actually buying it.

Thank you to any kind person who answers this admittedly dumb question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmb
We have Blue Sun, Kalidasa and Breaking Atmo and the mat, and everything fits in the box. There is also room for the Bounty Hunter expansion, which we intend to get soon. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe the only "expansion"/accessory that will not fit in the Crate is the "Vera" super-size mat that was premiered at GenCon earlier this month, though it does fit the regular mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good question, posed here and/or with Broken Token. Better to ask up front than be surprised later... thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It fits the base game, Breaking Atmo, Big Damn Heroes, Pirate & Bounty-Hunter, Blue Sun, Kalidasa, Artful Dodger, Jetwash, Esmerelda, and the Whole damn verse mat.

It reduces the game's footprint down to a single table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the crate and every current expansion. Yes, everything fits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there room enough to accomodate any potential expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n815e wrote:

That really depends on what the expansion would include. There is a bit of extra room in there for some stuff, but if it were to include say, some new ships, they wouldn't fir with the current configuration.

As it stands, there is plenty of room for more cards added to the decks and even a couple new decks.

The biggest selling point of the crate though is the fact that once everything is in it, you can stand the box up on its side and play directly from it. That means that instead of having to waste all that table space on all of the various decks and their discard piles, all of it fits neatly in the crate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd be surprised to see much in the way of expansions from here on out.
(I have no inside info or anything, I just think that GF9 may be considering this game complete, plus they've moved their focus to Star Trek and other titles)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
n815e wrote:

That really depends on what the expansion would include. There is a bit of extra room in there for some stuff, but if it were to include say, some new ships, they wouldn't fir with the current configuration.

As it stands, there is plenty of room for more cards added to the decks and even a couple new decks.

The biggest selling point of the crate though is the fact that once everything is in it, you can stand the box up on its side and play directly from it. That means that instead of having to waste all that table space on all of the various decks and their discard piles, all of it fits neatly in the crate.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am tempted by this. It looks good, it holds everything, it cuts down on setup time and it reduces the footprint of the game. It is "win" all around.

I think that the game is pretty complete as it is, although I hope for ship expansions and perhaps cards as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coxon
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Does it fit the ship dice accessory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
Soltaris wrote:

Yes. From The Broken Token features description:

"2 player ship trays with dice compartments, and NPC ship tray"

Edit: One of the images on their site shows a ship tray with several die...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soltaris wrote:

Oh great. Something else to add to my wishlist... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotticus Maximus
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone for helping me with this! I really appreciate the help. Since the Crate fits everything, I'll go ahead and order it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Allen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Does the big crate have room for the game boards as well, or is it just for use with the play mat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redwingedblackbird wrote:
Does the big crate have room for the game boards as well, or is it just for use with the play mat?

Well, of course it does!

Boards go on one side, ship mats & rules go on the other. I presume the Whole Damn Verse mat rolls up & fits over the ships trays (yes, I suck & don't have that yet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does broken token sell those card trays separately? I looked but cant see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Allen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MontyMooMan wrote:
Does broken token sell those card trays separately? I looked but cant see them.

Not that I have seen. The way some of the trays are laid out, I think it would be nearly impossible to separate them out. There are about 14 sheets of laser-cut plywood in the kit. To maximize use of the material, some of the trays have parts on multiple sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
I didn't want to make a new thread for this but...

My Big Damn Crate: Mighty Fine Edition came in the mail this past Friday.

Original estimate was 7-8 weeks. It took exactly 3 months for me to receive my shipping confirmation.

I should have done an unboxing for this just because the packing was actually kind of impressive.

I might post pics later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for my mighty fine edition to arrive. Still have a couple months to wait from the look of things... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Dent
Canada
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The slightly vexing part for me is that my friend has a laser cutter. He's offered to cut anything for me if I provide files and materials.

I really wish I could just buy the laser cutter file from broken token. Saving all the nonsense of wasting money shipping the plywood I could easily acquire locally. If I could make one. I would probably do a sort of scarred and weathered metallic finish.

At least the Mighty Fine Edition makes more practical sense. Not only have they cut and assembled it for you. They've finished and lined it too. So as a product it makes a bit more sense to me.

I'd be really interested to see any regular crates people have finished themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuma133 wrote:
I'd be really interested to see any regular crates people have finished themselves.

Ask and ye shall receive.
Building my Big Damn Crate

Building it was half the fun for me. I actually just (almost) completed it. I finally got a paint pen & inked the etched logos in the plexi counter trays. It's more subtle than I had hoped for, but worked out nice; yes I need to take a few pictures to add to the thread. Oh, and the Serenity's crew really like it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kuma133 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.