Hersh Squirts
msg tools
I'm confused as to why we set up the non playable characters? They can take a strike and be defeated and healed again. What's the point, is there a reason for having them that is beneficial? Like being able to use there talent? If there is no other reason then to take specific strikes then why bother setting them up?

Hope someone has an answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many Character cards and Episode cards include the phrase: "If X is a Main Character..." Such cards are more or less powerful based on who you have as Main Characters. While they are wounded, a non-player Main Character does not count as a Main Character, so this is why you would generally want to heal them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hersh Squirts
msg tools
That makes sense. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
People have put together a Variant rule to enable use of the non-player main character's Talents (and possibly their Flaws). This does make the game a bit easier overall (adding more versitility to your abilities), but can be a fun way to incorporate more of the crew. But it is not part of the official rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hersh Squirts
msg tools
With it being justly just my my wife and I playing it would be nice to be able to use other characters abilities. We may try that in future game plays to see if makes the game more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.