Subject: Starting Spellbooks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vivix
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
So I haven't played the game in a while, and I have every expansion (except the two spell tomes). I wanted to just make the starting spellbook for every single mage so a friend and I can relearn the game before starting to modify the mages.

However, I do remember that one or few lists in the manuals had typos, and I cannot remember which.

I tried searching, but I haven't had luck. Should I just roll with the starting spellbooks in the manuals? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there were typos, but there were a couple of changes made to the basic 4 spellbooks to allow them all to be made at once from a single core.

The updated spellbooks are certainly in the latest (Arena) rulebook which you should be using, as there are a few minor rule changes, and I think the one before that too.

The Arena rulebook, FAQ, full codex, etc are available to download on Arcane Wonders' website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivix
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Kelanen wrote:
I don't think there were typos, but there were a couple of changes made to the basic 4 spellbooks to allow them all to be made at once from a single core.

The updated spellbooks are certainly in the latest (Arena) rulebook which you should be using, as there are a few minor rule changes, and I think the one before that too.

The Arena rulebook, FAQ, full codex, etc are available to download on Arcane Wonders' website.

I actually found it. It was Johktari. Original rules had 4 Feral Bobcats, and 2 Thunderift Falcons, but updated online rules say 3 and 3 (so the set can actually be made, I assume).

Thanks for the input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note, that with only one copy of each product, you won't be able to make all of the alternate mages (Malaki Priest, Johktari Beastmaster, Adramelech Warlock, and Anvil Throne Warlord) because they utilize spells from sets beyond the one they were released in (namely the core set and Forcemaster vs Warlord).

My suggestion is to make the default book for the original version of each of these mages, and then add these mages as an alternate option to that book. The book will be legal for both versions, and people can simply choose which version to play at the beginning of the game. This may not create the most optimum book for the alternate version, but starter books aren't the most optimum anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.