Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Easter eggs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if there are lots of easter eggs in the game...

I found some things that may be easter eggs :
- the card Soldiers of Fortune depicts the hero of the video game Soldier of Fortune
- the card Smart Zeds has something written by the Zed behind him (Braiiiins actually ^^ )

I wonder what's the story around Noelle "Hell" Razer... some reference to Hellraiser ?

Where's Chuck Norris ? arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pikaraph wrote:
I wonder if there are lots of easter eggs in the game...

I found some things that may be easter eggs :
- the card Soldiers of Fortune depicts the hero of the video game Soldier of Fortune
- the card Smart Zeds has something written by the Zed behind him (Braiiiins actually ^^ )

I wonder what's the story around Noelle "Hell" Razer... some reference to Hellraiser ?

Where's Chuck Norris ? arrrh

Noelle is a VPG employee and if I remember correctly then those of the heroes who originated in the first edition have names based on players from a baseball team that the designer Hermann Luttmann is a fan of.

Petra's Angels (is it Angels or something else?) have their name from another VPG employee who were heavily involved in the third edition.

The dog Pickles is based on a real dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I read that on another thread about the NY Mets baseball team.

I think Pickles comes from the web series Mr. Pickles the possessed dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pikaraph wrote:
I think Pickles comes from the web series Mr. Pickles the possessed dog.

I don't think they used the name but the dog was based on the original designer's (Hermann Luttmann) dog. There's a post about it somewhere here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!
Yes, the original set of Heroes for the first two editions are all named for New York Mets players, except for two. Deputy Schmidt is my girlfriend's maiden name (when we dated back in high school - it's a long story) and Pickles was really just a funny name we saw for a dog in a movie (the movie was a Tim Burton movie and the name was actually on a tombstone in a pet cemetery), but Pickles' picture is based on our current dog (his name is really Schnitzel).

The third edition has broken that "rule" with many heroes, so you can tell the original heroes by their naming scheme.

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Deputy Schmidt is my girlfriend's maiden name

May I venture the guess that Deputy is a fairly rare name?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha!
By the way, Morten, Nancy and her daughter just went to Iceland for their annual trip together. They loved it - very intersting place. But she still speaks volumes about how wonderful Denmark was. We're actually watching "The Bridge" right now on DVD and love it.

Thanks!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Ha!
By the way, Morten, Nancy and her daughter just went to Iceland for their annual trip together. They loved it - very intersting place. But she still speaks volumes about how wonderful Denmark was. We're actually watching "The Bridge" right now on DVD and love it.

Thanks!
Herm

I'd also like to visit Iceland, as you say it seems like a very interesting place.

I'm happy to hear that they enjoyed Denmark - hope that the guide I wrote for them helped a wee bit. I'm personally quite fond of Denmark and I feel privileged to have been born in a rich country with good and free healthcare and education. My fondness doesn't extend to all the rain, though, and in relation to food I should have been born in India .

The Bridge was a big hit in Denmark, though personally I only watched a little bit of it. I generally prefer American and British TV/movies. On the topic of the US, then I was actually three weeks in the States with my family this summer (we weren't in New York, though) and I had one of the best vacations of my life.

And I apologize for derailing this thread .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.