$15.00
$20.00
Greg Infi
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I am looking for euro games (especially medieval) with immersive implementation of the four seasons in the year. Ideally it should have very nice art and also actions during the game would change depending if it's winter, spring, summer or fall.

Any good recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not medieval but Viticulture Essential Edition with Tuscany Essential Edition you get the expanded board that has actions in all 4 seasons and a ton of content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walnut Grove
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Havox wrote:
forgot this one. Good game and it does have a nice four season turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I should mention A Castle for All Seasons, just to be sure it is included in the list. I haven't played it in ages, but I vaguely remember some season-based mechanics. Check some reviews to see if it might be something for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Agricola: Through the Seasons was a nice expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolger wrote:
I thought I should mention A Castle for All Seasons, just to be sure it is included in the list.

Despite the name, you play only through one season. The board has two sizes that you choose before the game starts, summer or winter. The only difference is that there are event cards used with the winter board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that games that implement seasons usually just have something different happening in the winter, but the other seasons are basically the same. A Game of Gnomes does this, but at least there is some sense of passing seasons as one species of mushroom disappears and another grows. And it does have interesting changes in the winter: the rivers and lake freeze and be walked across; certain equipment items are useless and must be discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.