Rules: - Usual PBF rules apply. I assume you know the drill. If not please ask in thread. - 1 in-game minute (round) will last exactly 24h of real time. I will process all orders/packages/infections at the same time (say, 0800BGG). The game will take 10 rounds. - I will generate clues myself, based on what I've seen in the videos and common sense. The process will be semi-random. - Please make sure to watch at least one of the below videos, so you have basic idea what's going on! - note to self: this might be helpful
If one of the designers is reading this and wants to clue me on how to moderate it, that'd be great!
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Re: Latitude 90°: The Origin PBF#1 - Signups closing, game starts soon
Lemon, Peer, you're #9 and #10. This game supports up to 24 players so I'm assuming you're in. If you wanna just watch, you have about 4 hours to warn me. You're probably sleeping, so good luck with that
Latitude 90°: The Origin PBF#1 - RULES (including changes for Round 2+)
GAME RULES (might be changed at any point if mod deems it necessary).
GOAL Uninfected Researchers win if they spend their limited Votes (Tests) on revealing roles of all Infected Masters. Otherwise Infected Masters win (or if the time runs out).
- Game will be divided into 10 Rounds lasting 24 hours each. At 0900 (Dusk) I will process all actions/orders (sent via geekmail). Once all actions are processed, I will announce new Round (Dawn) and send all updates. No actions will be processed on weekends.
- Each Dawn you will receive Status Report including: -- your Role -- your Infection status -- list of all Infected players (if you're Infected) -- content of all packages you've opened last Round -- list of your suspicions sent to mod last Round -- list of available targets for your package
- Public information: -- Round number -- number of infected players -- number of players that voted last Round -- number of Tests left -- roles of Tested players (if any)
Available ACTIONS: - Discuss You are free to discuss anything. Discussion is encouraged. You mustn't quote any part of communication between you and mod. You also cannot communicate with other players by any means other than this thread. Please refrain from posting between Dusk and Dawn.
- Vote (to Test a player) When a majority of Researchers vote to Test the same person, that person's Role will be revealed to everyone. You may unvote. You may change your vote. Votes are processed at the end of each Round. If majority wasn't reached, votes stick for another Round. Number of Researchers that voted is public.
Miss too many times and Researchers lose. Hit all Infected Masters and Researchers win.
PBF specific - in daily geekmail to mod, indicate if you want to vote and name the Test target
- Send Package (Sample) New Samples are generated each Round. Researchers have limited Samples (can send packages to subset of players). The Origin can always send sample to anyone. Regardless of your role, you may only send up to one sample each Round.
Sending samples in the base game is safe... the are no negative effects for sending samples. The choice comes into play because the person you send it to may be infected, and that allows them to lie about what the information says.
PBF specific - to send sample, send a geekmail to both Target and Mod, indicating that you're sending them your package. Please name Target in message, so that Mod knows who the Target is. No communication is allowed outside of thread. This includes content of geekmail with Package. You can only send sample to people listed in Status Report updated at the beginning of the Round. Please be mindful of timezones and send packages early in the Round if possible.
- Open/Discard Package You have to decide what to do with each package you received during the Round. Unopened packages will be Discarded by default.
-If opened, one of two things occur: either A) Get true information (if sample is not infectious) or B) Get infected (if sample is infectious).
Choosing to open a sample is the risky choice. By doing so, you expose yourself to the risk of being infected. However, without opening them, you cannot get the information you need to identify the Infected Masters.
PBF specific - in daily geekmail to mod, list all received packages and mark each of them with action: Open or Discard. Conditional Orders (COs) are allowed.
- Mark a player Assign suspected role of each player: Researcher, Infected Master, Infected Minion. If left empty, it'll be marked as Unknown. You may mark as little or as many players as you want. PBF specific - in daily geekmail to mod, list all players you want to mark along with suspected role.
- Infect Once per game infect any player. Available only to the Corruptor. PBF specific - in daily geekmail to mod, include Player you want to Infect.
- Promote Minion Already Infected player opening an Infectious sample from The Origin will "level" up, increasing their chances to generate infectious samples by 25%. This can be applied to the Corruptor as well (the Origin is the only player to start with Infectious samples). Each Infected player other than The Origin starts at Level 0 (no chance of generating Infectious sample).
- Order of NIGHT actions -- Corruptor corrupts (once per game) -- process all packages. Each opened package gives a fact about the game. Infectious package, if opened, also converts Target to Infected. Package sent from The Origin to already Infected player, if opened, will promote them (increase their Level by one) -- update Marks of each Player -- check if majority of non-infected players Voted for one player. If so, reveal their role. -- generate package targets for next Round. Roll to check if sample is Infectious (it's known to owner of sample) -- notify everyone about new round. Infected get updated list of Infected players (including roles)
Re: Latitude 90°: The Origin PBF#1 - Signups closed, game starts soon
Example Status Report for Researcher wrote:
Round 1 - Status Report for JarekWarsaw Role: Researcher Are you infected: No List of Infected players: Opened packages: None Suspicion list: None Available Package targets for this round: Jarek1, Jarek2
We find out how many people become newly infected each round, right? Maybe there's a good strategy in us designating only a few players to actually open received packages. Then if that number goes up we can identify who the starting bad guy is? If it doesn't then we can clear people? Thoughts?