Subject: Moving Warp Storms - p.7 rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Courtnay
United States
Gilbert
AZ
flag msg tools
From what I understand from the rulebook, No, player 2 would not get to move a warp storm.

Edit: I found it on page 14 of the rules reference "If a player cannot move any Warp Storms in either direction indicated on his chosen event card, he
does not move a Warp Storm."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, you beat me to it. I turned the page immediately after posting here and found the same rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey this is a dumb question so I figured I'd post it here instead of starting a whole new topic on it.

When you move a warp storm can you orientate the event card to face which ever way you want, effectively enabling you to move any remaining warp storms in up to 4 ways OR

do you have to play it the right way up from where you're sitting only moving warp storms aligned in the same way and in only the two directions shown??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robo37 wrote:
When you move a warp storm can you orientate the event card to face which ever way you want, effectively enabling you to move any remaining warp storms in up to 4 ways OR

do you have to play it the right way up from where you're sitting only moving warp storms aligned in the same way and in only the two directions shown??

You can orient the card in whatever way you like, which usually means holding it over the warp storm such that the warp storm lines up with the image on the card, but it must be face-up.

So where you're sitting has absolutely no impact on the ways a warp storm can move, but you will only ever have a choice of TWO moves for any given storm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plum wrote:
You can orient the card in whatever way you like, which usually means holding it over the warp storm such that the warp storm lines up with the image on the card, but it must be face-up.

So where you're sitting has absolutely no impact on the ways a warp storm can move, but you will only ever have a choice of TWO moves for any given storm.

Thanks a lot that was driving me crazy. I take it that all the cards are designed so that whatever way up you put it you will still get the same two places to move it to then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dani Evans
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robo37 wrote:

Thanks a lot that was driving me crazy. I take it that all the cards are designed so that whatever way up you put it you will still get the same two places to move it to then.

Yes, they all give exactly two options (assuming that they are free to actually move). They are all either:
Slide left/right
Slide up/down
Rotate clockwise from either end
Rotate anti-clockwise from either end

Edit: I've played loads and I still like to hold the card over the storm to help visualise which way it can move laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.