Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My title probably gives away my opinion.
Anyway here we go.
Lovely components although I would prefer a slightly gloss finish on the maps than Matt and the counters a little dark in some cases (probably my old eyes though).
I must admit I also prefer smaller dice but that's just me.
The rule book is very straight forward but could use an appendixe.
The system is very slick and comes with two great cheat sheets for terrain and u it details.

The game uses a chit drawing system to decide who moves their units when so if your really unlocks your opponent can get to move three or four units befor you even get to go. It can be a little annoying as the opponent bares down on you and you have to stand and take it.

Mind you the art is not to activate all you units as unused units can opp fire and interrupt an opponent is they are not activated.

The system reminded me a little of warhammer as each unit has stats in the form of a numbers. So a u its armor piercing rate might say 5 3 5.
All this means is range,number of d6 rolled,number to equal or beat to hit.
Your target then responds with their defence stats being maybe 3 6
That means number of d6 roled,number to equal or beat to negate a hit.
It's that simple. Of course there are modifiers for range and cover etc.

So many things are handled with such an simple elegance like the mobile infantry counters that you just flip to mount or dismount and the air support counter tha are added to the unit activation mix.also moral,being in command etc all handled very well.

I like this game a lot and will be on the look out for white star rising.

8/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And White Star Rising is coming out as a computer and iOS game sometime in the future too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happy days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.