Subject: Adding patients to Service Queue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michalis Chrisostomidis
Greece
Nea Ionia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are during our first 3-player game, and found (as already discussed) that patients are too few to admit.

Are patients added after each player's action (3 actions x 3 players x 4 services = 36 patients, -4 at the administration phase = 32) OR

Patients are added after each action phase (3 actions x 4 services = 12 patients, -4 at the administration phase = 8)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter...you need to let your patients "ripen". It makes choosing when to take points and turn order very important as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michalis Chrisostomidis
Greece
Nea Ionia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick reply!

The other thing that felt non-intuitive was the timing of adding patients after the 3rd action phase, only to remove them in the following administration phase.

While I can understand how that can help rotating full queues, it does seem strange nonetheless. We might try with a house rule of adding patients before the players' actions.

Or maybe try one of the expansions, because expansions are my favorite thing in the whole wide world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheM1ke wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply!

The other thing that felt non-intuitive was the timing of adding patients after the 3rd action phase, only to remove them in the following administration phase.

While I can understand how that can help rotating full queues, it does seem strange nonetheless. We might try with a house rule of adding patients before the players' actions.

Or maybe try one of the expansions, because expansions are my favorite thing in the whole wide world.

I know...it felt somewhat strange to us too I do enjoy playing it with the expansions, but I only get to play this one once a year or so if I'm fortunate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
You can add house rules for that.
The idea is to have the fewest added patients as possible, because each patient worths Popularity points. If you are running out patients during the game, it is normal. The game is focused on what do you do with your patients, do you treat them now or not. If you have few of them, you should not treat them right now... If you have more than other players, you can treat them now and try a massive politic treatment = If you can do both, you with the game , or close to...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.