Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Noyes
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I posted this a couple years ago, but I can't find the response. I am going to get rid of my Heroscape. I have a lot. Its not in theoriginal packages because I have played it a few times not many. I collected it more than I played. All the groups are in plastic card boxes, the terrain is in a big three drawer plastic thing. I have almost the entire set plus marvel, d and d base set and a second master set.

What's the best way to move it. I want to get rid of all of it, no piece meal. Do I want to trade it to a company like Noble Knight for credit? Do I want to ebay it? Do I want to do something here? Suggestions? I know large sets go for hundreds and I want a some cash for it, but don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated

Sorry if I didn't put this in the right place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fear is that I would hang on to anything I started going through, but I'd expect to get everything separated into original sets or expansions. This gives you an inventory base point and a true picture of anything missing which should be part of the description. That's the major work for selling them individually, but you can still try to sell as a lot with an accurate accounting of the condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bltzlfsk wrote:
My fear is that I would hang on to anything I started going through, but I'd expect to get everything separated into original sets or expansions. This gives you an inventory base point and a true picture of anything missing which should be part of the description. That's the major work for selling them individually, but you can still try to sell as a lot with an accurate accounting of the condition.

As Chris notes, first you'll need a full inventory of exactly what you have.

You can definitely get more by selling here or on eBay than to a reseller like Noble Knight.

Take a look at ebay actual completed sale prices for comparable lots to get an idea of the market value.

eBay has much higher fees than selling here so you can accept 5% less total selling here while still making as much in the end.

With that in mind you can then put up an auction listing here with a soft reserve at the price that you know you can make on eBay at the very least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rasnic
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JavertCMH wrote:
I posted this a couple years ago, but I can't find the response. I am going to get rid of my Heroscape. I have a lot. Its not in theoriginal packages because I have played it a few times not many. I collected it more than I played. All the groups are in plastic card boxes, the terrain is in a big three drawer plastic thing. I have almost the entire set plus marvel, d and d base set and a second master set.

What's the best way to move it. I want to get rid of all of it, no piece meal. Do I want to trade it to a company like Noble Knight for credit? Do I want to ebay it? Do I want to do something here? Suggestions? I know large sets go for hundreds and I want a some cash for it, but don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated

Sorry if I didn't put this in the right place

First things first, it's a buyer's market right now. Sadly, you're trying to sell at the wrong time. A RotV Master Set sold for $45-60 six months ago is tough to sell at $30 today. Take your time if you want to get the most out of your collection.

Second, go register at Heroscapers.com. That's where most of us buy/sell and you'll have the most knowledgeable people. Not many people outside of Heroscapers will be willing to buy a full (large) collection. An inventory is extremely useful, but not required if you can take pictures of everything. People may have some questions, but that would be my starting point.

Don't expect to get hundreds quite yet. There are some specific things that go for big money: Aquilla's Alliance, Tundra, Jungle, Forest, Flagbearers, Templar Knights. It's all about what you have, not how much. If you want to post a few pictures, I can get you started and identify anything of material value and give you a starting ballpark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.