Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, given the fairly awkward way everything fits in the box, I wanted to make a custom box insert (foam board in all probability).

However, I don't want to make something that is instantly out-of-date when we get the tile packs come Autumn.

I know FFG have confirmed the number of tiles we can expect in each, but can 1st edition owners shed any light on how many small/large tiles we're going to be looking at?

Thanks for any info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McLaughlin
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1st edition core game includes 8 small tiles, 7 large tiles, and 1 XL tile (the XL tile is equivalent to combining a small and large tile). It also includes 20 small/medium monsters and 4 larger monsters (Shoggoths and Cthonians), plus 8 investigators.

I don't know about the expansions.

I wouldn't be optimistic about getting everything in the 2nd edition box, and even if you could, I doubt you could do so and still setup quickly. Assuming more expansions will follow, might be best to opt for a larger box solution and allow for growth. That's what I'm doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a foamcore storage for 2nd and everything from 1st that is still usefull. Had to use 2nd and first edition core boxes to fit it all. 2nd edition only takes the monster ministures and tokens, 1st edition box has tiles, cards and investigators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the foamcore insert from my 1e edition and put it in the 2e. Fits all the 2e stuff, 1e base, call of the wild and forbidden alchemy. Still useful and still makes for easy set up. That said, I could care less about this minis, so they are not in the box, I tossed those into the 1e box.

If/When expansions follow, I'll figure something else out, but for now, it's nice to have it all in 1 box versus 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McLaughlin
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came across these Rubbermaid Bento storage boxes in a store and am using one of the XL boxes for MoM. It has more than enough room for the 1st and 2nd editions, and I expect it will accommodate the expansions easily.
I'm also using one of the medium boxes inside. The lid works great for rolling dice.

I created a custom foamcore insert for the tiles (they stand up), and have the minis sorted in the medium bento box and a small cardboard keepsake box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Natai wrote:
I came across these Rubbermaid Bento storage boxes in a store and am using one of the XL boxes for MoM. It has more than enough room for the 1st and 2nd editions, and I expect it will accommodate the expansions easily.
I'm also using one of the medium boxes inside. The lid works great for rolling dice.

I created a custom foamcore insert for the tiles (they stand up), and have the minis sorted in the medium bento box and a small cardboard keepsake box.

Wow, this isnt a cheap solution, but I REALLY like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.