Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is admittedly my first time playing this games, so maybe I am just not understanding something. The version of the rules I have is from the linked repository and I downloaded the rules a few days ago. I do not see an identified rules version in the text though.

I am trying to make my way through the engagement process. I got to step 5 of A13.2.2 at the top of page 18. It reads:

"Determine the space to place the cube in the Attack Matrix. See A20.3.3 – Placing the Cube below."

Not knowing any better, I find section A20 and see that it is the "Return Prize" action. Now I am pretty confused, so I go back to step 5 and read again and try to make sense of it. I look down the text a little ways and I see that "Placing the Cube" is section A13.2.3. I also see several other references to section A20 in other parts of the engagement process that should clearly be referencing A13 instead.

I wonder if the wrong version of the rules is available for download or something. Something like this just looks like an intermediate rules version that wasn't meant for public consumption got accidentally put in to production.

Bruce has popped up a few times in the last couple of days, so hopefully he can get this straightened out quickly.

I am surprised no one else has seen this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Mansfield
United States
Bellingham
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for catching that error.

Here's an online version of the rules that are the most up to date (and I'm sure there are more errors in there...): https://goo.gl/Ulu7mY

The engagement procedure was one of the hardest parts to write up, by the way, so please ask questions here if you get stuck. Or, take a look at the example of play post I made when the game was first released.

Best,

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks Bruce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.