5 Posts

Neanderthal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Predator Scavenging Trophies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a predator scavenges my big-game trophy (by failing to hit on a predator hunt roll), does the trophy card still get removed from the row? I assume it does, since thematically the card is still over-hunted. (My Megafauna instincts tell me the predator should be culled too if there are no remaining big game cards in its row.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt_W wrote:
If a predator scavenges my big-game trophy (by failing to hit on a predator hunt roll), does the trophy card still get removed from the row? I assume it does, since thematically the card is still over-hunted. (My Megafauna instincts tell me the predator should be culled too if there are no remaining big game cards in its row.)

Don't knwo the answer but the bolded sentence sounds awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the trophy is removed from the row, but is not awarded to the hunters.

I agree that in Megafauna tradition the predator would be culled once all the big game is overhunted. However, I did not include that rule; perhaps reasoning the predator is sustaining itself on "the most dangerous game", humans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the hunters choose not to take the card as a trophy? IIRC it's optional.

At what point is the decision to remove the card from the row final? That is, can the hunters roll to hunt, then confront the predator before deciding to collect the card? It seems logical that they could, because the hunters do not reap the rewards of hunting until after confronting the predator, and a trophy is a benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
Can the hunters choose not to take the card as a trophy? IIRC it's optional.

At what point is the decision to remove the card from the row final? That is, can the hunters roll to hunt, then confront the predator before deciding to collect the card? It seems logical that they could, because the hunters do not reap the rewards of hunting until after confronting the predator, and a trophy is a benefit.

It's not optional and is strictly non-beneficial in the solo game since there's no scoring and it permanently (absent climate change) reduces the diversity of potential prey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.