5 Posts

Eminent Domain: Exotica» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does double back work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does double back work? It just says "Take 1 card from the planet discard pile." Since the discard pile is face up, does this mean you can search it and take whatever card you want? (seems very powerful) Or can you only choose the top card? (which seems kinda weak and annoying since the order in which other players discard their surveyed planets now is important.) Any clarifications on how this card works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Stupendous wrote:
How does double back work? It just says "Take 1 card from the planet discard pile." Since the discard pile is face up, does this mean you can search it and take whatever card you want? (seems very powerful) Or can you only choose the top card? (which seems kinda weak and annoying since the order in which other players discard their surveyed planets now is important.) Any clarifications on how this card works?

You may take any card from the discard pile.

Can be annoying if the discard pile shuffles right before you want to use it, but otherwise it gets better and better as more people survey.

The card you choose to double back for goes face down in your empire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extended question, same card - how do you use the crystal resource on the top left of the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rooster wrote:
Extended question, same card - how do you use the crystal resource on the top left of the card?

With the Escalation expansion, there was introduced some mechanism for resource symbols. I think you can treat it as virtual resource to trade away, but I am not sure, I have not played Escalation yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagar wrote:
The_Rooster wrote:

With the Escalation expansion, there was introduced some mechanism for resource symbols. I think you can treat it as virtual resource to trade away, but I am not sure, I have not played Escalation yet.

This is correct. You can discard this card to your own discard pile when trading, just as you would discard a resource from a resource slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.