Subject: Request for 2nd 3-4 player map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
@Sandy + team - I have a request for you to consider:

Any chance of developing a way to play 2 games of GW (each 3-4 player) simultaneously (for those with core + Empires, or hero level, obviously)?
- to clarify, I am over the moon (get it? Lol) that the 6-8 player map is unlocked!!
- I am blessed by having 6-8 regularly at game night
- so having an epic 6-8 player game will be amazing!!
- That game will probably run 4-6 hours

- On other nights it would be awesome to have the option of playing 2 games of GW with 3-4 players each, thus both games finish within 2-3 hours.

- From what I gather, the main thing needed would be a 2nd map

1- please educate me for anything else that would be needed

2. For the map, some possible options for u to consider:
A. Allow a 2nd 3-5 player map to be bought as an addon (with additional shipping charge of needed)
- You're already printing X number, would it be hard to print X+Y addons?
- Problems: how to package 2nd map? Redesign of box needed?

B. Use the 2nd map already provided (6-8 player map) - eg by blocking certain areas for 3/4 players
- no additional production costs hopefully
- but would need a reworking of rules for 6-8player map + playtesting
- but we've got months before production, and if you leave printing the rulebook to the last, you may have enough time to do this (and done well)

C. Release a completely different 3-5 player map (obviously later, Eg. as past of an onslaught 2 KS)
- another map would massively increase variation + replayability even more (although that seems well covered already with 8 unique factions)

Many thanks for your consideration.

What do others think? If enough prole like this idea, maybe that can sway Sandy. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
I'm totally into this idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just be prepared for the shipping and handling charge.
They have previously stated that the largest part of the lower shipping cost (and hopefully more accurate estimate) compared to CW was the smaller number of different units that can be ordered.
I'd consider it very unfair if everybody's shipping costs went up because they want to accommodate a few people (not that I think PG will do that, they've always stated that they are against distributing costs that way. They'd rather eat the cost themselves )

I'm also against redesigning the base game box to fit a second map. Why should the majority of people that only want one map have a box that's ill fitting?

Right now the easiest solution seems to be to just print the play test components for the second game.
I know that you've already rejected that in the KS comments due to component quality, but I think having them professionally done would still be cheaper than getting all those components from PG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
So my first choice would be to create a way to use the 6-8 player map and mark areas as bridged-over.

I would use markers to denote regions that are Bridged over. Perhaps use something from Cthulhu wars like gates or desecration tokens.

Areas bridged in this way cause all touching regions to be adjacent.

You could even vary where they are placed to create a dynamic board- different each play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Honestly, rather than a request related to the Kickstarter, this seems more like a request to have a way to buy a spare or extra board (and associated bits).

If there's a reasonable way to manufacture and package these such that there's a fair margin on doing so, it would make some sense to have available. Heck, just knowing I could buy a replacement board if needed would be neat (accidents happen, after all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see it as an add on but not included in a newly spec'd box to fit it in.
I'd rather have theoption to have a spare empty box. My CW boxes eat to hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
You would need more than a second map. To run a second game, you will also need a second Rune deck, victory point track, dice, first player marker, and possibly a rulebook. I can see there may be an interest in this, but personally I'd rather play an 8 player game...

Cheers,
Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the easiest way is just to buy a second base game. That gives you 2 x 4 player games, with an Empires box allowing 1x4 and 1 x 6-8 players. The Monsters and Elder Races can split across two games as you don't use all of them in any one game. If you want Buildings you'd need two of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
ErsatzDragon wrote:
If there's a reasonable way to manufacture and package these such that there's a fair margin on doing so, it would make some sense to have available. Heck, just knowing I could buy a replacement board if needed would be neat (accidents happen, after all).

Petersen Games have an excellent track record for replacing damaged parts.

therealbuserian wrote:
You would need more than a second map. To run a second game, you will also need a second Rune deck, victory point track, dice, first player marker, and possibly a rulebook. I can see there may be an interest in this, but personally I'd rather play an 8 player game...

This, pretty much. Bonus, spare set to try painting on. Or you could make them little capes, and be able to have mirror matches (ala fighting games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hemulen wrote:
I think the easiest way is just to buy a second base game. That gives you 2 x 4 player games, with an Empires box allowing 1x4 and 1 x 6-8 players. The Monsters and Elder Races can split across two games as you don't use all of them in any one game. If you want Buildings you'd need two of those.

Not a bad idea.
Although that's another $125 ( + shipping) :-(

Also if u just wanted 2 × 4 player games, then u don't need an extra Buildings pack, I think.
Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
You don't really need extra buildings pack at all (if you want to save some money) as the game comes with cardboard building tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalman wrote:
Also if u just wanted 2 × 4 player games, then u don't need an extra Buildings pack, I think.
Sal

If the same faction is in both games, one would need to use the cardboard buildings - unless you buy two building expansions. This might be getting just a little excessive though...

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy has stated in the Kickstarter comments that he's fine with selling individual components from his own replacement stock, but I don't think that'll be rolled into the kickstarter itself (to avoid overcomplicating the campaign's shipping).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
therealbuserian wrote:

Cheers,
Graham

Does one commonly draw all the way down through the Rune deck? Seems reasonable to just split the deck, and the rest doesn't really seem to be entirely necessary (tracks are neat ways to, well, track points, but that's easily done with other things).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ErsatzDragon wrote:
therealbuserian wrote:

Cheers,
Graham

Does one commonly draw all the way down through the Rune deck? Seems reasonable to just split the deck, and the rest doesn't really seem to be entirely necessary (tracks are neat ways to, well, track points, but that's easily done with other things).

1. My thoughts are similar - when playing 2 x3-4 player games, we won't mind if factions are not duplicated (eg chaos).
- Unless people are saying that certain factions need to be present in most games??

2. Can the rune deck be split in 2 without messing up either game?
I don't know much about the runes:
- are they faction-specific (in which case we just separate them for the 2 games based on factions in each)?
- Or do runes give power to any faction that draws them (in which case we just shuffle them + give half-deck to each game)?

3. Kylorela/SkyDome/Hell - would be main other thing that is "needed" (to keep the theme going - otherwise I can just use King of Tokyo board as Hell laugh)- hopefully can also be requested with the map from Peterson games

4. Victory track - ideal to have a 2nd copy from PS, otherwise can use something else

5. Buildings can be split
6. first player marker: 1 game has Arachne mini, the other has the cardboard marker
7. rulebook - can be photocopied/downloaded

Hmmm im beginning to think this is doable
I cant justify spending another $125 + shipping for duplicate minis.

Anything i'm missing?

Regards, Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No factions need to be present in any game. If you have the empires expansion, then you could totally have Darkness/Chaos/Moon/Invisible God on one map, and Sky/Storm/Sea/Earth on the other.

2. Runes are not faction specific. You could easily split the deck in half. If one game runs out of Runes, the rules say that faction instead gains 1 VP.

3, 4, 6, and 7. Yeah, you'd need those.

5. Each faction has its own buildings, so that's not an issue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:

2. Runes are not faction specific. You could easily split the deck in half. If one game runs out of Runes, the rules say that faction instead gains 1 VP.

Cheers, mate!

Here's a mad idea: what about when runes are used in either game, that rune goes to the bottom of the deck in the other game (if it is known, then deck can be shuffled once inserted) - so both games would get access to most runes overall laugh

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalman wrote:
AdamStarks wrote:

Cheers, mate!

Here's a mad idea: what about when runes are used in either game, that rune goes to the bottom of the deck in the other game (if it is known, then deck can be shuffled once inserted) - so both games would get access to most runes overall laugh

Sal

That's a neat idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.