Android» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tokens' limitations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ignatius MP
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi guys!

What happens if there is a situation where some kind of token runs out??? are they considered infinite o limited to the quantity??

I know that coorporation tokens and favors are limited for sure, and evidence and conspiracy I think it's the same.

What about hits, alibis, dropships, etc?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
What you've got is whats available.

Which makes the latter half of the game exciting as, if you've uncovered the Conspiracy (or at least a good portion of it,) you can tell which favors and such are worth more VPs. So it becomes a mad dash to eke out as many as you can get.

Edit: See Pages 33-34 of the rules on Token Limitations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One commonly missed rule is that you can only activate a location once per turn. So, you can't spend your entire turn collecting tokens from the same location. This makes them last longer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignatius MP
Spain
flag msg tools
I see your points, and thanks! But what avout dropship passes? there are only 5, and I know that they are spent very fast, but does it imply a limitation to 5 or is it only due to an economic ground? what about alibis and hits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb
Drop ships are limit to 5.

Not sure about the alibis or hits. I would assume they are limited as well. What do the rules say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignatius MP
Spain
flag msg tools
I wasn't able to find it out. Where could I find the dropships limitation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I dont know.

Again, assuming since there are limits on the favors and other tokens, it would follow for the dropships, alibis, hits, etc.

But I don't know. I would suppose it's up to you to make that decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For the record, I was able to find the following in the rulebook.

On Favors:

p.33 wrote:
Favors are the main currency for the detectives of New Angeles. They are gained at various locations on the map and are spent for any number of effects. Favors do not have any abilities on their own; they are normally spent to pay all or part of the cost to use a location ability or play a card. Players are limited to the quantity of favor tokens
included with the game. That is, if a given type of favor runs out, no more can be acquired until some are spent and thus returned to the stock.

On Hits:

p.34 wrote:
When a player is instructed to place a hit token on a suspect, he chooses one of the active suspects and places a hit token on that suspect’s sheet. If a suspect ever has three hits on his sheet, that suspect is immediately killed. When a suspect is killed, return all of the evidence, hit, and alibi tokens on his suspect sheet to their respective piles, and then turn the suspect sheet facedown.

After a suspect is killed, hit tokens may not be removed from that suspect (although some game effects do allow hit tokens to be removed from a suspect before he dies).

I couldn't find anything specific relating to any other kind of tokens, however the FAQ has the following:

FAQ wrote:
Q: We ran out of evidence tokens / conspiracy pieces early in the game. Is this normal? A: If you find you are running out of both evidence and puzzle pieces very early in the game, double-check the rules for placing leads. Remember that you cannot place a lead in your detective’s district. That said, sometimes, based on the group’s playing style, evidence or
conspiracy pieces will run out before the end of the game. If that happens, just keep playing and don’t worry about it. It is extremely rare that both will run out before the end of the game, however.

I would infer from this that ALL tokens are indeed limited to the number included in the game box, though this is not made explicit anywhere that I could find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks. I knew I read something to that effect somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignatius MP
Spain
flag msg tools
Thank you guys! I finally found also this post with the Kevin's answer to the same question:

KevinW wrote:
Yes, everything in Android is limited by the available components. Well, except 1 thing. If somehow you actually need an extra hero marker to indicate something on the board, it's okay to use a coin or something for that. The situation is pretty darn unlikely, though.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/364725/component-limitation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.