United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/26/iraq-war-architect-trump-i...

Paul Wolfowitz solidifying Clinton's neocon and warmongering (or do I repeat myself?) base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
um, wat?

Quote:
Wolfowitz said that he “might have to vote for Hillary Clinton, even though I have big reservations about her.”

Not the most ringing of endorsements. Paired with;

Quote:
Paul Wolfowitz said in an interview published Friday that he will likely vote for Hillary Clinton as he believes Donald Trump would be a danger to American national security.

Dozens of former Bush officials, including many involved with the planning and execution of the Iraq War, have said that Trump is “dangerous” and Wolfowitz agreed in the interview. “[Trump] says he admires Putin, that Saddam Hussein was killing terrorists, that the Chinese were impressive because they were tough on Tiananmen Square. That is pretty disturbing,”

and I'd say he's more against Trump than with Hilly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
um, wat?

Quote:
Wolfowitz said that he “might have to vote for Hillary Clinton, even though I have big reservations about her.”

Not the most ringing of endorsements. Paired with;

Quote:
Paul Wolfowitz said in an interview published Friday that he will likely vote for Hillary Clinton as he believes Donald Trump would be a danger to American national security.

Dozens of former Bush officials, including many involved with the planning and execution of the Iraq War, have said that Trump is “dangerous” and Wolfowitz agreed in the interview. “[Trump] says he admires Putin, that Saddam Hussein was killing terrorists, that the Chinese were impressive because they were tough on Tiananmen Square. That is pretty disturbing,”

and I'd say he's more against Trump than with Hilly.

There are plenty of us in that "more against Trump than with Hillary" camp. Lesser of two evils and all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
um, wat?

Agreed with everything you said. So what are you confused about exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, excellent editing of the quote box. I hate unimportant, unrelated infinite quote stacking.

theodorelogan wrote:

How does the above equal "solidifying Clinton's neocon and warmongering base."?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:

theodorelogan wrote:

How does the above equal "solidifying Clinton's neocon and warmongering base."?

Well, typically getting the endorsement (qualified though it may be) from or a thought leader in a movement is looked on as helping to shore up support for people who agree with/follow that person. Like getting a union endorsement, in theory, helps persuade members of that union to vote for you. Paul Wolfowitz is a well-respected neoconservative, so one could imagine that other neocons, seeing this, might be more likely to also vote for Hillary. Isn't that how it usually works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theodorelogan wrote:
Paul Wolfowitz is a well-respected neoconservative, so one could imagine that other neocons, seeing this, might be more likely to also vote for Hillary. Isn't that how it usually works?

In smaller cases I'd say yes, but versus Hillary Clinton (dah dah dun!!!) I don't think any neocon endorsement would have much weight.

Again, "might have to vote for Hillary Clinton, even though I have big reservations about her.” isn't overwhelmingly supportive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
theodorelogan wrote:
Paul Wolfowitz is a well-respected neoconservative, so one could imagine that other neocons, seeing this, might be more likely to also vote for Hillary. Isn't that how it usually works?

In smaller cases I'd say yes, but versus Hillary Clinton (dah dah dun!!!) I don't think any neocon endorsement would have much weight.

Again, "might have to vote for Hillary Clinton, even though I have big reservations about her.” isn't overwhelmingly supportive.

I guess we'll have to disagree then. I see his words of support as giving people who are on the fence the political cover to come out in support of Clinton.

I always see lots of posts about some KKK no-name coming out in support of a Republican and we are all supposed to wet our pants in fear of the return of Jim Crow if he gets elected. But point out that someone responsible for thousands of deaths comes out in favor of a Democrat, and it's no big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theodorelogan wrote:
Donald wrote:
theodorelogan wrote:

I guess we'll have to disagree then. I see his words of support as giving people who are on the fence the political cover to come out in support of Clinton.

I always see lots of posts about some KKK no-name coming out in support of a Republican and we are all supposed to wet our pants in fear of the return of Jim Crow if he gets elected. But point out that someone responsible for thousands of deaths comes out in favor of a Democrat, and it's no big deal.
The difference is

"I support Trump because of his polices on immigration" is support For his polices

"I might Support Clinton because Trump is a lunatic" is not an endorsement for any of her polices.

He is not supporting her polices or politics, he is opposing Donnie's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.