Subject: Your opinion on Two-Headed Dragon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy Puzzle Strike's team vs team, which is based on Codex. What do you think about Codex's Two-Headed Dragon variant? Is it worth buying the game if I only plan to play it multiplayer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in hearing what people have to say on the topic, though I've never tried it.

Having played a lot of 2p, I imagine that the two-headed dragon could work well. I'm less optimistic about free-for-all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Two-Headed Dragon a few times. It's a great game. I think the two-player game is better than 2HD - more tuned, and obviously shorter. But 2HD is still a lot of fun. There are some combos that are easier to play when you've got two players cooperating. It's certainly got a lot of play to it.

HealingAura wrote:
I really enjoy Puzzle Strike's team vs team, which is based on Codex. What do you think about Codex's Two-Headed Dragon variant? Is it worth buying the game if I only plan to play it multiplayer?
One thing I'll say: the 2HD game is best if both players do still have a choice of at least 2 specs, preferably 3. And that basically needs the full game including blue, black, white and purple. For print-and-play that'll only cost you $30, but for the full printed game that's the Deluxe set, $200.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
alextfish wrote:
One thing I'll say: the 2HD game is best if both players do still have a choice of at least 2 specs, preferably 3. And that basically needs the full game including blue, black, white and purple. For print-and-play that'll only cost you $30, but for the full printed game that's the Deluxe set, $200.

There is nothing which prevents a spec being chosen by multiple players, if you have the cars available. So you could go with the Core Set PNP and print multiple copies of each spec or buy multiple Core Sets and/or expansions. You do not need the Deluxe Version for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, okay. You'll need more than just one Starter Set and one Core Set, was my point. Obviously if you're going the PNP route you just need 12 specs total, but they can be any level of duplication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, didn't mean it to sound so harsh. I just wanted to point out that you could play a bit cheaper and still be fine. Obviously, more variance in the choice of specs → more betterness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense taken

Cross-referencing another similar thread (on the 3-player game) for completeness: Has anyone played this wth more than 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Puzzle Strike team mode is mentioned here but I am not familiar with it. Can someone please explain it to me? I am also a big puzzle strike fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.