Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Doing a short Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Ok, so on advice of others I'm posting my idea for doing a SOTM campaign with my friends (who think it's a good idea too.). We were going to start this friday, but somethings got in the way so delayed until we can get another night for it. Here are the rules that I've setup for the first fight. The heroes will be going up against Baron Blade, but something isn't quite right. . .

SETUP
Ignore all other setup and gameplay instructions other than these.

Place Baron Blade: Terralunar Impulsion Beam Inventor side up in Play Area 1 with 25 HP and Baron Blade: Mad Bomber in Play Area 2 with 50 HP.

Search the deck for all copies of Mobile Defense Platform and put them into play in Play Area 1, each with 5 HP.

GAMEPLAY: BB:TIBI

Whenever a Mobile Defense Platform would be destroyed, instead place it under Baron Blade: Mad Bomber.

At the start of villain turn 1 if there are any copies of Mobile Defense Platform under Baron Blade: Mad Bomber put one into play at 5 HP. Otherwise, discard the top 3 cards of the villain deck.

If there are ever 15 cards or more in the villain trash at the start of Villain turn 1, Baron Blade’s Terralunar Impulsion Beam activates, pulling the moon into the earth. Game Over.

When BB:TIBI reaches 0 or fewer HP place his character card and all copies of Mobile Defense Platform under Baron Blade:Mad Bomber.

GAMEPLAY: BB:MB

At the start of the villain turn Baron Blade deals X damage to each hero in Play area 2 where X is the number of cards beneath this one.

If there are ever no Hero characters in Play Area 2, Baron Blade instead discards the top 3 cards of the villain deck.

Any time a villain target would enter play by this villain's play, it is instead put into play in Play Area 1.

When this Baron Blade is incapacitated place the top 5 cards of the Villain trash beneath the Villain deck

GAMEPLAY: LOSS/VICTORY
Once a villain character card is reduced to 0 or fewer HP it is removed from the game as are all villain cards in that play area. Players may leave a play area with no Villain character card freely at the start of their turn. Loss conditions on a card removed from play are no longer valid. Players must remove both villain character cards from play to win.

These conditions may not be the only victory conditions (as determined by the campaign organizer)

GAMEPLAY: MOBILE DEFENSE PLATFORM

No longer makes Baron blade immune to damage, but instead reduces damage dealt by 1 to targets other than Mobile Defense Platform and damage dealt to BB:TIBI by 1. (net 2 DR on BB:TIBI, 1 on almost everything else)

GAMEPLAY: MULTIPLE PLAY AREAS

Gameplay follows the following sequence:
Villain 1
Heroes in Play Area 1
Environment 1
Villain 2
Heroes in Play Area 2
Environment 2

CHANGING PLAY AREAS
Any player at the start of their turn may move themselves or a teammate in their play area to the OTHER play area. They must skip X phases (play, power or draw) during their turn to do so, X being the number of Mobile Defense Platforms currently in play in Play Area 1.

Heroes may not change play areas more than once per round. Turn order for heroes goes in the order that the heroes entered the play area.

If a player moves themselves during their turn, they must wait until their turn would normally come up during the turn order to finish their turn.

If a player moves from Play Area 2 to Play Area 1, the moved player immediately finish their full turn then play resumes it's normal rotation.

PLAY AREA TARGETTING
Players and villains may only target each other if they are in the same play area. Cards that target something that meet certain criteria will only target within the play area they are found.

Technically the fight could take place in any environments (if you guys wanted to take the rulings and do your own) but the official fight here will be done in the Mobile Defense Platform. Once players can make their way into a previously unknown inner sanctum, they find that they aren't in Kansas anymore. Or anywhere on this planet! They find themselves facing off against a Baron driven completely insane in the Realm of Chaos. He's single mindedly trying to finish the Terralunar Impulsion beam and without distractions, will prove to do so quickly.

What do you guys think? I'm not posting anything more than this because I one or more of my friends lurk these boards.

Edit: Adjusted BB:TIBI's Hp a bit upward as I felt it was too low. I want to encourage players to feel that either pursing BB:TIBI or BB:MB is a viable strategy for a first target. Also toned down the damage done by BB:MB at first, but if BB:TIBI is taken out first then the damage goes a full 4 per round to all heroes making it so that if they opt to take out BB:TIBI first then it's a damage race at the end (hoping they are built enough to take him down quickly). If they go for BB:MB they need to take him out quickly enough not to get too many cards in the trash and result in an instant loss.

Edit 70 billion: MDPs in play no longer affect BB:MB, but instead reduce damage dealt in general in the area of BB:TIBI: with the exception of damage dealt to MDPs.
Edit 70 billion+1: Links here cuz what's going on with signatures?
Adjustments for Bunker to make him work well:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1634607/making-bunker-solid...
Same as above, but for Expat:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1636623/helping-expatriette...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking a page from Oblivaeon, are you?

So is the idea something like Baron Blade has traveled back in time to team up with his past self and increase his chances of finally beating the heroes? I do like the way you've dealt with card interactions between the two versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Interesting model! I like how you're given reasons to deal with both Blades, and the rules about how play areas affect eachother are clean and functional.

On cursory analysis, it seems like the thing to do would be to focus on Terralunar Blade, as his win condition is a more immediate threat, whereas Mad Bomber does lots of damage to heroes in his area, so other than one chump to stop him putting three cards in the trash, not much percentage in dealing with him early. That will also make sure there are MDP's under Mad Bomber to stop another 3 cards going into the trash. Not sure if I see much reason to move back and forth?

Also regarding moving, it seems that while moving from 1 to 2 is fine, moving from 2 back to 1 will more or less lose you a turn - you can't actually do anything till turn 1 comes around again, so all you did this round was move - and it seems odd there's such a major disadvantage to moving one way as opposed to the other?

Also also, having two environment areas might cause some wierd interactions. Off the top of my head imagine environment 1 has Anubis out, environment 2 plays Judgement of Anubis and can't find Anubis in the deck or trash and...? Likewise True Form in Temple of Zhu Long.

Anyway, cool idea - wonder how much like Oblivaeon it will be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Adelphophage wrote:
Also also, having two environment areas might cause some wierd interactions. Off the top of my head imagine environment 1 has Anubis out, environment 2 plays Judgement of Anubis and can't find Anubis in the deck or trash and...? Likewise True Form in Temple of Zhu Long.

Two different environments, so this wouldn't come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Adelphophage wrote:
Interesting model! I like how you're given reasons to deal with both Blades, and the rules about how play areas affect eachother are clean and functional.

On cursory analysis, it seems like the thing to do would be to focus on Terralunar Blade, as his win condition is a more immediate threat, whereas Mad Bomber does lots of damage to heroes in his area, so other than one chump to stop him putting three cards in the trash, not much percentage in dealing with him early. That will also make sure there are MDP's under Mad Bomber to stop another 3 cards going into the trash. Not sure if I see much reason to move back and forth?

Also regarding moving, it seems that while moving from 1 to 2 is fine, moving from 2 back to 1 will more or less lose you a turn - you can't actually do anything till turn 1 comes around again, so all you did this round was move - and it seems odd there's such a major disadvantage to moving one way as opposed to the other?

Anyway, cool idea - wonder how much like Oblivaeon it will be!

Indeed. 2 different environment decks, but only 1 villain deck. You do have a valid point about moving from area 2 to area 1. I'll add a line in stating that when a player moves from area 2 to area 1 they immediately finish their turn (even if they were moved during another player's turn this shouldn't cause an issue.)

I may have also forgotten to mention, there are 3 ways for the players to win. 2 are pretty obvious, the third is a secret to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
TakeWalker wrote:
Taking a page from Oblivaeon, are you?

So is the idea something like Baron Blade has traveled back in time to team up with his past self and increase his chances of finally beating the heroes? I do like the way you've dealt with card interactions between the two versions.

Indeed, the inspiration came from oblivaeon. There will also be some other concepts in later fights ( like how we'll be treating variants.) I'll keep you guys updated on how things turn out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Ok! Updating on the results of the campaign and the fight.

So the heroes successfully defeated Baron Blade and his future self from pulling the moon into the earth, but only barely made it out of the encounter.

Heroes were:
Wraith (incapacitated)
Ra (myself, Incapacitated)
Tango One (lower teens to twentyish HP. Don't remember exactly how much)
Legacy (also twentyish HP)

They defeated Baron Blade:Terralunar Impulsion Beam inventor first. He was beaten with only 8 cards in the villain trash so they probably could have taken on Baron Blade: Mad Bomber first if they had wanted to.

The following were things that were unrevealed previously.

Possible Win Scenarios:
1.)Beat BB:MB first, then BB:TIBI at low HP (one hit from incap as deigned by the campaign organizer) surrenders. Players accept surrender.

Bonuses for remainder of campaign: Baron Blade opts to join the heroes, providing his genius as available. Represented by the card: Luminary:New Star
+1 'customization' point.

Luminary: New Star
Once per round, a hero may use the following power
Power: Reduce the next damage dealt to each hero by 1.

2.)Beat BB:MB first, then BB:TIBI at low HP (one hit from incap as deigned by the campaign organizer) surrenders. Players refuse surrender and incap BB:TIBI anyway.
BB:TIBI begins to see why BB:MB had such hatred for heroes in general and Legacy specifically. He refuses to give any information to the heroes and the next match becomes The Vengeful Five (against 4 heroes with one empty hero turn per round). Despite this, the players manage to salvage some of the technology used by the insane Baron inside the M.D.P. and after some review by Tachyon, can make use of the Temporal Backdraft drive once per match.

Temporal Backdraft Drive
At the end of the environment turn, the players may choose to repeat the Environment turn, then skip the Villain turn.

+1 'Customization' point

3.)Beat BB:TIBI first, then BB:MB. The absolutely insane Baron wasn't about to let himself be incapacitated again. This had already happened once to him, and the results were unacceptable. Instead as the players were about to deal the final blow he detonated a hidden device, killing himself and destroying all evidence of his existence. The heroes managed to avoid the brunt of the blast, but nothing could be recovered from the ruins.

+1 'Customization' point

So you're probably asking me now; 'What's a customization point?'. Well it's simple. A player may do one of the following with a customization point.

1.) Choose a variant. Add that variant power as an additional base power to your hero. If the variant chosen has higher HP, your max HP is the higher of the 2 values.
(This is represented by placing the variant underneath their normal card, only power text visible; like the Title cards in Kaargra Warfang's fight)
2.) Choose a card in your deck. You may adjust the card, but not significantly improve it's base functionality (unless your hero generally underperforms in which case I may allow it). It must remain thematically appropriate as well (no weirdness like Wraith suddenly doing Psychic damage for no justifiable reason).

The players made the following adjustments with their points:
Legacy: Added Grandpa Legacy power (this power may only be used once per round, to avoid uber brokenness, even though it probably already will be)
Tango One: Ghost Reactor changes: No longer grants Psychic damage immunity but instead changes all damage to Psychic type. Bonus damage from power reduced by 1. New card text added: "Whenever your damage dealt would be increased, increase that value by 1."

This allows her to chain very well with cards like perfect aim and adds a lot of very strong synergy with Legacy. Probably too strong under normal circumstances, but these guys are going to be going up against some pretty nasty stuff in the 3rd and 4th rounds so this is probably ok.

Wraith: Undecided, but my guess is that the player will add the variant power from FV:Wraith (as that power is friggen awesome).

Anyway, Thanks for reading! I'll update this again after the next match. Next time though, we'll be facing off against Hydra Tiamat so we'll see how we do.

P.S. I'll be debuting a new version of Bunker for that fight. Bunker with the setup card :B.E.C.K.I (Background Engagement, Construction, and Kinetics Intelligence.)
B.E.C.K.I does the following:
Setup:
Search your deck for all Mode cards and place them under this once.

Shuffle your deck then draw 4 cards.

Play:
At the start of your turn you may discard a card under this once. If you do, one of the following happens depending on the card you discarded:
Upgrade Mode: During your Play Phase this turn you may play an additional card.
Turret Mode: During your Power Phase this turn you may use an additional power.
Recharge Mode: During your Draw Phase this turn you may draw an additional card.
Whenever a Mode card would be moved from your trash, instead place it under this one.
If a Power used has any triggers due to the use or discard of a Mode card, you may reveal 3 cards under this one, choose one to be treated as if it were discarded/revealed and discard the other 2.
(This was added due to Tactical Uplink [FV Bunker] and Termination Bunker to allow their variants to continue working)
At the end of your turn if there are no cards under this one; shuffle your trash and hand into your deck then draw 4 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow, so you're adding straight-up RPG elements to the game. I like it.

What exactly does repeating the environment turn entail? Replaying the same card, or just giving it another full turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
TakeWalker wrote:
Oh wow, so you're adding straight-up RPG elements to the game. I like it.

What exactly does repeating the environment turn entail? Replaying the same card, or just giving it another full turn?

Another full turn, just like how la Capitan's vengeance card works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Ok so new happenings on our campaign! (we could finally get together.)

We took on Hydra Tiamat and man, was she a doosey. Most of us were in single digits with the only exception being Legacy because spamming himself heals all game kept him high enough to take High HP damages. We played with The Wraith (FFV + Classic, also me), Expatriette (new version, I'll add links to the thread in my signature), Tango One(+), and Legacy (GP Legs + Classic Legs). Rough match, but we got through it.

First time I've played against Hydra Tiamat and I gotta say, with the setup we had it was a lot of fun. Hard, but fun. Anyway. . .

Results: Players were promised that they would gain benefits depending on which heads they decapitated during the last round. They finished off Inferno and Acid so they will have access to the following:
1 player may have the equipment in play at start:
FUEGO!
Equipment, Limited
When this card would be destroyed you may discard a card instead.
POWER: Increase damage dealt by the next power you use by 1 (or if that power deals no damage, it will now deal 1 fire damage to a target). Change its type to fire. Targets who take damage from that power also deal themselves and one other target 1 Fire damage.

The player team also starts with this Head:
Acid Breath
Limited, Cross-over
At the start of the game, put this card into play.
Power: Destroy an Ongoing/Environment/Device/Relic card with less than 5 HP. Destroy this card.
When this card enters play, place 2 Magic tokens on it. If this card would destroy itself and has no tokens on it, instead discard a magic token. Tokens do not carry over between matches.

So 3 shots of anyone using a power to take out an Ongoing/Environment Card or some fairly unique cards out there.

In addition, they all gained a Customization point. Points were spent as follows:
Expatriette: (swapped from Wraith because Expat is his favorite hero) Arsenal access is now an ongoing card that has 2 charges to use (via power use).

Tango One: Added Spec Ops Variant Power

Legacy: Fortitude and Surge of Strength can now offer each other's effect, but they cannot stack the same bonus (I can't get 2 Damage reduction from Fortitude and Surge of Strength. If I have both I just have both, but one can count toward the other and vice versa) Effect chosen at the start of each turn (unless both are in play).

The next fight will be up against Agent of Gloom Spite but with a twist! Once defeated (or other soon to be mentioned mechanics are met) players will leave their cards in play. Spite and all his cards are removed from play and Skinwalker Gloomweaver is put into play Rotting God side up. (yes, THAT challenge, but toned down a bit).

Also, instead of having all of Spite's Drug cards face down in his play area they are now in a small pile and include Gloomweaver's Relic cards and one card is put into play at random if instructions tell him to flip a card. The Relics will provide Spite with various benefits (still polishing those) and, unlike his drug cards, are destructible. If all 3 Relics are in play at the start of the Villain Turn, Skinwalker Gloomweaver enters play as above, but he enters Skinwalker side up. (removing Spite of course)

The Relics will be retrievable if they are not destroyed at the end of the fight granting the players additional benefits for the final confrontation of the campaign.

They will be accompanied by the Nightlore Starlight girls. (A brutal fight for them, I know.)

Any ideas? Comments? Thanks for sticking with me here guys.

Also some adjustments for future use of the Baron Blade fight are in order. Edits are noted up top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just so dang cool. XD The ability to summon Gloomweaver in the middle of a fight is just great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
So far these are the rules I'll be running with for the fight.

Spite/Gloomweaver Fight notes
Setup:
Rather than placing Spite’s Drug cards face down in his play area, add all Relic cards from Gloomweaver’s deck to a stack of Spite’s Drug cards and shuffle the stack. Whenever Spite would flip a Drug card instead shuffle the stack with the above cards and place one face up in play. If a card would be placed face down, place it back into the stack. Cards in the stack are not considered in play. Replace all instances of “Gloomweaver” with “Spite” on Relic cards.
Card Changes:
While Spite is in play, change the text of the card “Pouch of Bones” to the following:
Increase damage dealt by and to Spite by X where X is the number of Victims in play.
Whenever a Victim is destroyed, Spite deals each target other than himself 1 Psychic damage.

When Spite is reduced to 0 or fewer HP remove him from play as well as all of his cards and the Environment Deck. Leave all Relic cards in play. Put Gloomweaver Skinwalker in play Rotting God side up. . The Environment in game is now the “Time Cataclysm”. Put the top card of the environment card in play then continue play as normal,
When 3 Relics are face up in the Villain play area and Spite is in play, Remove Spite and all of his cards as well as the Environment Deck and cards in play from play. Put Gloomweaver Skinwalker, Skinwalker side up in play with HP equal to how much Spite had when he left play, even if this would exceed his normal Maximum HP. Gloomweaver cannot gain HP above his Maximum HP in any other way. The Environment in game is now the “Time Cataclysm”. Put the top card of the environment card in play then continue play as normal.

Post match Notes:
Each Relic in play will follow the players to the next match. In one of the infinite number of timelines, Gloomweaver is not a god of despair but actually Hope. Relics in play pass through this timeline and are purified. Each Relic is as follows:
Drum of Despair (Timpani of Determination): At the start of their turn, that player may draw a card or play a card. If they do neither, they deal a non-hero target 2 Radiant damage.

Grimoire of Curses (Book of Blessings): Any player may use the following power
POWER: Each hero recovers 1 HP. Increase the next damage dealt by the hero who activated this power by 2.

Pouch of Bones (Bag of Never Ending Life): Place a token on this card. All heroes gain the following incapacitated power:
- Flip this card and restore it to half HP (rounded up). Shuffle your deck and draw 4 cards. Remove a token from the Bag of Never Ending Life. If there are no Tokens on that card, remove it from the game instead. Start your turn from the beginning now.

Next Match:
Players will be facing off against The Final Legacy, a Legacy that fell to Iron Legacy but was lost in the timelines attempting to save his world from a threat he couldn’t defeat alone. There, he found the Heart of Time and fused with it and became the monstrosity that he is now. The Final Legacy will be moderately more difficult than Iron Legacy, so be prepared for a tough fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Webb
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
OK so the last match went great against Spite/Gloomweaver! Actually the team did far better than I expected taking out Spite with everyone in the high Teens HP wise and Gloomweaver failed to destroy any relics in play (there were 2) and dealt no damage to the team (Legacy be broke, and he didn't even use any combos potentially unique to the campaign. Just Next evolution, Legacy Ring, and Lead from the Front).

Their next fight comes in the form of. . . "The Final Legacy!"

In many timelines, Iron Legacy is defeated by the Freedom Six but only after some grueling battles and terrible losses. This time no one was quite so lucky. Iron Legacy had defeated all of Earth's Heroes, and even a large portion of Heroes from the surrounding Galaxy, all in the name of destroying even the smallest portion of potential evil. However, he was ill prepared for the arrival of Progeny. With no one to back him up Legacy was defeated time and again by Progeny as he tried to save the citizens of his Earth.

In a final, desperate, attempt to rid his Earth as what could only be described as an unstoppable force he engaged Progeny once more. Something different happened this time though. During one of their clashes the force of their blows opened up a tear in the already weak fabric of time near them and draws them into the Time Cataclysm.

The conflict here drew out bizarre forces from Time itself, but even with a change in battlefield Legacy alone could not prevail. Of course now neither could Progeny.

Recognizing that this form of Legacy was powerful enough to serve his Master, Oblivaeon, Progeny merges with Legacy in an attempt to subvert him. This results in a new life form in a fetal state. The Final Legacy.
This Legacy is no longer just content with destroying only potential evil, but has been further corrupted to seek out and destroy everything.

Subconciously, Final Legacy had sent Baron Blade from his earth and from a time just before he was killed to the current timeline, hoping that The combined intellect of 2 Barons could have pulled off the Terralunar Impulsion Beam where 1 had failed.

Later as he continued to awaken he had also sent Spite and Gloomweaver from a timeline in which they together had destroyed all life on the planet. Their interference in the current timeline awoke the Brother of Tiamat: Hydra.

Now, almost fully awakened our heroes have been drawn to the source of all this chaos. Hopefully, they are capable of stopping him before he tears apart all time itself.

The Heroes: (the changes they've had over the campaign)
Legacy: Base Power, Grandpa Legacy Power, Fortitude/Surge of Strength interchangeable effects (but not stackable i.e. no 2 damage reduction and no 2 bonus damage.)

Tango One: Base power, Ghost Reactor loses Psychic Immunity for; all damage increases further increased by 1, Spec ops power

Expatriette: Guerilla Warfare (Tosx) power, Arsenal Access now ongoing; activate effect with Power use up to 2 times before destroyed, Ammo cards have 3 uses per play

???: (Either Argent Adept or Starlight)

Each player has made the following modifications with what I've termed "modification points". This allowed them to modify a card within limited means to help improve flow of the deck or to otherwise improve synergy with the team. These changes typically come with sacrifices.

They all have earned an "upgrade point" to apply for this fight. This is similar to the above, but has far fewer restrictions. Static values can be increased, bonus effects can be added to cards, Keywords can be added/removed etc. etc. Once they have applied them I'll update this post. In addition to this, they may choose an ongoing/equipment to start the fight with. This card is indestructible. (a few exceptions, no Flak Jacket, Heroic Interception, or Take Down)

They have acquired through the previous fights the following bonus "items" from vanquished villains.

Head of Inferno:
Set in a player's play area.
Power: Increase the damage done by your next power by 1 and change it's type to fire. Targets who take damage from that power deal themselves and 1 other target 1 fire damage.

Acid Breath: (usable by any player)
Place 2 tokens on this card. Tokens persist between games of the campaign. If this card would be destroyed and has tokens on it, remove a token instead.
Power: Remove a card in play from the game. Destroy this card.

Timpani of Determination:
In play next to a player at the start of the game.
At the start of their turn, this player may draw a card or play a card. If they do neither, they deal a non-hero target 2 Radiant damage.

Book of Blessings: (usable by any player)
POWER: Each hero recovers 1 HP. Increase the next damage dealt by the hero who used this power by 2.

Lots of stuff, I know but they've put in some extra effort to get them so I have no problem letting them have it to make the fight more interesting.

The actual Fight:

First, Final Legacy has 50 HP as opposed to 32 (and flips at 35 as opposed to 20). He will also have an additional deck, the Scion Deck, that plays at the start of the Villain turn. The Scion deck is composed of the 4 Scion cards from Progeny, replacing all instances of "Progeny" with "Final Legacy".

Each Scion is also changed. The initial damage and the limit of having 2 in play at a time remain. (the core mechanics they bring) The final text of each Scion card, however, is adjusted for each player, making it so that with 2 Scion cards 2 players should be having a hard time and the other 2 should be doing OK (this will be thrown off by his own ongoings but that's why I'm focusing on bringing a helper who can help deal with the ongoings, a facet their team currently lacks).

The changes are as follows:
Scion of Flame: (Now Scion of the SuperNova)
The first time each turn Iron Legacy would deal damage to a target immune to that damage type, he deals that target 2 irreducible Radiant Damage. (Getting around most specifically Legacy's damage immunities. Won't hardly affect anyone else)

Scion of Frost: (Now Scion of the Absolute)
When this card enters play put 3 Zombie Servants in play from the Gloomweaver deck. These cards instead have the name Iron Legacy along with his current and maximum HP and card text. Read the Card text of only 1 villain character card on the villain turn. Whenever Iron Legacy would deal damage or recover HP, choose one of the cards with that name to resolve the effect. When this card leaves play, destroy all Villain Character cards other than the one with the most HP.

Basically, unless you deal damage to 4 targets or more you can't make any real headway against him. Single target damage (Tango one's Specialty) will just keep him from healing and trying to burn one down at a time doesn't do make the fight any easier.

Scion of Blight: (Scion of Entropy)

At the start of the Villain turn The player with the most equipment in play must destroy an equipment card.
At the start of the Villain turn The player with the most ongoings in play must destroy an ongoing card.

Potentially hard on both Legacy and Expatriette, but both AA and Starlight play more ongoings than Legacy, so more likely to hurt either of those over Legacy. This card is more focused on Expat.

Scion of the Storm: (Scion of the Unstoppable)
Damage dealt by and to Iron Legacy is Irreducible.

Something of a give and take for Tango One and Legacy. T1's primary method of survival is Chameleon Armor, which reduces damage dealt to 0 and Legacy thrives on his damage reduction. However, it does provide everyone with irreducible damage against him, so. . . not sure about this one.

Fight will of course be happening in the Time Cataclysm.

OK. So I'm looking for input here. I know it's hard to conceptualize since there's tons of power creep going on in the fight (Villain is harder, but the Heroes are also significantly stronger) but I'd really like input for this one. Do you guys think it's too hard/unbeatable? Maybe it could be too easy? Any better ways of doing the Scions? Anyway, thanks in advance for the advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.