Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GOO: Shudd-M'ell (232 minutes)

Herald: Tulzscha.

Institution: Bureau of Investigators.

Extra Boards: Dunwich.

Extra Features: Personal Stories, Thematic Starting Possessions, Relationships, Exhibit Items.

First Timers: Shudde-M'ell, Tulzscha.

Result: Win: sealed gates.

Number of players: 1

Investigators: Chosen. Joe, Mary, Keith Kate and Wendy.

Best Moments: Everything was fine, 90 minutes of game, three investigators passed their personal stories, Joe was a killing machine (11 monsters total at the end of the game), only one more gate to seal and the game would be over. Wendy was already on the second space of Yuggoth, the next thing would be to move to Arkham and use the Elder Sign to finish the game. But then, one single Mythos Card, removed a seal and sent EVERYONE to the Dreamlands with no corresponding gate!!!

Wait, there is more! Two more turns and the rumor The Terrible Experiment would unleash several monsters in the streets and the terror would reach 10 (currently 1).

I almost gave up, but then remember that this is Arkham Horror, maybe something could help me in my most desperate hour. And it happened in the last possible moment: Happy Days are Here Again! So, I failed the rumor because everyone was still Lost in Time and Space but the terror did not move!!! And since it is an Environment Mythos card, it remained in play till the end of the game, avoiding the raise of the Terror Level three more times due to monsters in excess at the Outskirts.

The victory was achieved when Wendy came back from Dreamlands (sweet, sweet irony) and sealed a gate at the Unvisited Island. Amazing play, it lasted almost 4 hours, but it was tense all the time. During the game, two seals and three doom tokens were removed and six locations were closed due to the rubble tokens, one more and the game would be over.

One of my most satisfying gaming experiences ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabio,

It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. I can tell you that after more than seven years and nearly 150 plays, it's my #1 game (of among 50 or so on my shelves)!

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fbinder wrote:
And it happened in the last possible moment: Happy Days are Here Again! ... And since it is an Environment Mythos card, it remained in play till the end of the game

My experience has always been whenever a really useful environment comes out, it almost always gets replaced the very next Mythos phase.

But of course, when it's a really BAD environment, THEN it sticks around until the end of the game (or something worse comes along to replace it)

Great game - lucky finish !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like an exciting game with a surprisingly happy conclusion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great story... thanks for sharing it!

Um... who is Keith?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:

Um... who is Keith?

Kate Winthrop decided it was time at last to get out of the closet and in all the madness in Arkham no one noticed the sex change!

Welcome Keith!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facsantos wrote:
Radulla wrote:

Um... who is Keith?

Kate Winthrop decided it was time at last to get out of the closet and in all the madness in Arkham no one noticed the sex change!

Welcome Keith!

Through the power of SCIENCE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fbinder wrote:
I almost gave up, but then remember that this is Arkham Horror, maybe something could help me in my most desperate hour.

One of the many reasons why I love this game, too! Oh, and also when the opposite happens and you're about to get back from an Other World with that investigator and seal the sixth gate on the next turn - I mean, surely you won't draw a double doom token Mythos card which causes the GOO to wake up just now? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still a great game. Love to play every once in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
Facsantos wrote:
Radulla wrote:

Um... who is Keith?

Welcome Keith!

Through the power of SCIENCE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.