9 Posts

The Greatest Day: Sword, Juno, and Gold Beaches» Forums » Rules

Subject: Symbols? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a general and specific question. I can't seem to find in any of the rules/aids where the symbols for things like reinforcement hexes for the Germans on beaches, or the 79th armored division units on counters are located. I think I figured these both out by watching videos, but I'm curious if there is any way that people can deduce it just from the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are no printed symbols for German reinforcement hexes other than the board edge ones; in certain scenarios, a specific hex(es) will be indicated and counters used to mark them.

79th Arm units have a 'badge' on them; they are all independent units which are assigned to each landing division. They are NOT a separate formation as such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Forester
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
German Division symbols are on the Division cards (upper right-hand corner)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 79th - it does say there is a "symbol" and if you look at page 4, there's the symbol with a list of 79th funnies...but your point is fair. I wrote the rule without knowing what the symbol would be - and then just plain forgot to return to the section and update it once Niko made the symbol on the counter.

It's easy to figure out but I did bang my head against a wall for a few days about forgetting to add just what that symbol was in rule 17.5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. I mean the symbols on 80.005 and 73.003 on the gold beach overlay. And this isn't meant as a critique, just a clarification. I think the rules/aids are remarkably well done given how weighty of a game/system it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are listed and labeled on the 50th Division display.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
tabpub wrote:
79th Arm units have a 'badge' on them; they are all independent units which are assigned to each landing division. They are NOT a separate formation as such.

Are these units also marked with unit designations that are red text over a white field? Spent a long time trying to figure out what that meant...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curtis
United States
Christiana
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red type on white stripe, it does appear that is the case. Nice observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.