Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo Motta
Brazil
Araranguá
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played TM and loved the game. Tension, strategy and elegancy. But I missed a direct interaction with (against) my opponents.

Is there any variant with knights invading enemy kingdoms or possibility of expansion with this theme?

Another question, what is the game can be compared to TM, but with smell of blood?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh boy! I can't wait to see responses for this! devil

I'm just wondering how they will compare to my suggestions about trading resources!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe is the closest I've played that allows combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
Maghd wrote:
Scythe is the closest I've played that allows combat.

I would not compare TM with Scythe, as I dont think they are very close. But Scythe does have combat, that much is true...

I was thinking about Eclipse, a game that is closer to TM than Scythe is (imo). The economy and faction boards in Eclipse are more similar to that of TM, and the combat is more interesting than that of Scythe. The only drawback of Eclipse is that it takes a lot of time (say 1 hour per person, but it can be faster when you are experienced).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
A serious hypothetical response is that there does not seem to be the resources available for factions to go to war until at least R4, maybe not even R5. So if there was a war expansion game (which I think trading and war might be interesting), I'd say that income from all sources would need to perhaps double if the game were to be contained to 6 rounds. Perhaps the war part might be after the 1st 6 rounds. Generally after R6 much of the board is filled so this would be the perfect time to start war. However, the game would stretch to maybe 4 hrs with experienced players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think this game lends itself to war, exactly. I think your direct interaction would work better in some sabotage actions. Perhaps as part of the options you can buy with power. You could buy a saboteur and it would take 1 saboteur per level of the building to raze it. What would that do though? Reduce it to it's proceeding building? Change it to a ruin, which takes up space but doesn't count as any other type of building?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Oh boy! I can't wait to see responses for this! devil
Hehe, you think There Will Be Blood? whistle

For me, the lack of direct battle is one major advantage of TM, and it makes it better for me than Scythe, and certainly better than Eclipse.

The fight TM is for power actions, bonus tiles and most of all for territory - the game can be quite cut-throat as it is. So for me there's no need for direct battle or "ramp up the military and then go after a weaker opponent". Note: I don't expect a "peaceful Eclipse" variant (where once you hold a system, it can't be taken away from you) to be much of a success either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
Deus Vult
badge
Gloria in excelsis Deo
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Eclipse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.