$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Tyrants of the Underdark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Presence With Just Spy in a Site rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules a few times, checked here and I just want to verify something after playing our first game.

I understand I don't need presence to put a spy in a site. That spy then gives me presence in that site. So, I can then deploy a troop to that site, correct?

The rules seem clear on this, but for some reason, I'm was doubting myself all through the game. It seems that along with stopping total control, the whole point of spies is to allow you to extend your network.

So, just looking for confirmation that after placing a spy in a site, I can then place a troop in that same site.

Thanks very much,

Kevin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
I read the rules a few times, checked here and I just want to verify something after playing our first game.

I understand I don't need presence to put a spy in a site. That spy then gives me presence in that site. So, I can then deploy a troop to that site, correct?

The rules seem clear on this, but for some reason, I'm was doubting myself all through the game. It seems that along with stopping total control, the whole point of spies is to allow you to extend your network.

So, just looking for confirmation that after placing a spy in a site, I can then place a troop in that same site.

Thanks very much,

Kevin


Yes. That is correct.

That's why one action that's always available to players is to remove spies. If you want to be sure you have total military control over your areas, build up a lot of cards with power and be prepared to counter an opponent putting a spy at a site.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much.

Kevin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Martin
Australia
flag msg tools
Can I put out all of my spies without paying any resources during one turn.
Provided the placement areas are legal?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phil Goodroll wrote:
Can I put out all of my spies without paying any resources during one turn.
Provided the placement areas are legal?


You can only place spies when you play a card that lets you. You can't play spies without a card. If you had enough "place a spy" cards in your hand you could put them all out on one turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Martin
Australia
flag msg tools
Flame112 wrote:

You can only place spies when you play a card that lets you.


Oh! didn't see that. Can you tell me where in the rule book it says that?
thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phil Goodroll wrote:
Flame112 wrote:

You can only place spies when you play a card that lets you.


Oh! didn't see that. Can you tell me where in the rule book it says that?
thanks


Page 8 says:

Quote:
Your Turn
During your turn, do the following any number of times and in any order you choose:

1. Play a card from your hand (see "Playing Cards" on page 9).
2. Expend resources from your resource pool to take one of the following basic actions (see "Actions" on page 11)
• Assassinate a troop by expending 3 Power.
• Deploy a troop by expending 1 Power.
• Recruit a card by expending an amount of Influence equal to that card’s cost.
• Return an enemy spy by expending 3 Power.


Notice there's nothing in here about placing spies. Only returning enemy spies. That's because certain abilities, such as playing spies or supplanting troops, only come from cards. So without a card in hand you can't do those things.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.