4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: First board game with friends rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nada Zero
msg tools
Hi!
Me and my friends are looking to buy a board game all together. We usually play magic the gathering once a week.
We are looking for a rpg with figures. We saw Myth and looked very nice.

Every help is welcome.
Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've read about Myth, the rules are bit rough and it takes some significant game time to figure it all out. If you have the patience for that, then go for it, but be aware of what you're getting into.

If you're looking for a co-op experience, something like [thing=104162[/thing] with the new co-op campaign app might better suite you. There's also Arcadia Quest if you want some competitive play.

I haven't really found a game yet that quite meets what I think you're looking for, though there are a couple due out this fall that might fit the bill. I'm taking the wait and see approach and let others play them and post reviews before I jump in. Miniature heavy games tend to be expensive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snardo wrote:
From what I've read about Myth, the rules are bit rough and it takes some significant game time to figure it all out. If you have the patience for that, then go for it, but be aware of what you're getting into.

If you're looking for a co-op experience, something like Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) with the new co-op campaign app might better suite you. There's also Arcadia Quest if you want some competitive play.

I haven't really found a game yet that quite meets what I think you're looking for, though there are a couple due out this fall that might fit the bill. I'm taking the wait and see approach and let others play them and post reviews before I jump in. Miniature heavy games tend to be expensive!

Fixed your link to Descent.

If you wantsomething lighter to get started the Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games are pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight Board Game
Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)
Albion's Legacy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.