Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything seems fairly straight forward in the rules for the most part, with the exception of the Escape Phase. The rules (and one of the reviews I read here) seem to indicate that during the Escape Phase, as long as you saved a die during the Capture Phase and place it on an escaping outlaw, you can capture that outlaw for the simple expenditure of said die (unless an opponent also places a die (or dice) in which case you roll off).

The outlaws don't roll their dice to oppose as they can do in the Showdown Phase? If that's the case, what's to prevent me from keeping back all my dice during the Capture Phase, seeing what outlaws are going to escape, and putting my dice on them for the easy capture? Especially since that nets me $10 more per outlaw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hansen

Glenn Heights
Texas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Escaping outlaws are only worth $10 regardless of their original reward value (which is why the card is placed face down in your capture pile.)

Doing this would, at best, get you $60 per round if there were at least 6 outlaws escaping and you were able to get them all uncontested using only one die per outlaw. Plus, doing this allows your opponents to capture outlaws during the earlier phases easier with you basically 'sitting it out'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. The wording says it adds $10 to the player's reward total, so I read this as adding $10 to the total for that outlaw, which is why I was confused.

Makes much more sense now. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.